TH account hacked...

Vitric9

Distinguished
This morning I could not access any Tom's hardware site without receiving a message telling me that i had been hacked by Syrian electric army or something . This happened on and off my account and connection. Anyone else have had this happen?

Vitric9

Distinguished

I get that now. At first i thought it was my account, then I did a quick reference on S.E.A. for some background and from what i read they consider themselves Hackivsts. Then Why Tom's Hardware. now i understand it is a wider scale and TH is under that Server....

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
To sum it up briefly:

Basically, we make use of a service provided by Gigya to help manage our userbase and customize user experiences. They recently came under a service attack when their DNS servers were redirected to one held by the S.E.A., resulting in that page being shown. Neither Gigya's servers or any information was compromised, and it is unlikely your computer was put at risk. For more detailed information, you can refer to the statement released by Gigya on their blog: http://blog.gigya.com/regarding-todays-service-attack/

Vitric9

Distinguished

Thank you for the info