Thanks for all the fish....

thefinal

I have surrendered

After 5-6 years (can it have been so long ?) of D2 and Lord of
Destruction, I stop.
It has been good years, no doubt about that.
I have meet lots of nice & freindly people to play with and the few
un-mentionables ( you know what type I refer to)
But it has become way too much the same.
I have started World Of Warcraft, and after getting my initial dislikes
dealt with (different from years of D2 habits)
It works and works nicely.
SO good luck to you all, and those in HC, keep alive :)

TheFinal
Europe

Hi there,

> After 5-6 years (can it have been so long ?) of D2 and Lord of
> Destruction, I stop.

I know the feeling... I haven't played since one year or so. I still
occasionnaly lurk alt.games.diablo2. First post since one year or
so in the group :)

> I have started World Of Warcraft, and after getting my initial
> dislikes dealt with (different from years of D2 habits)

I'm curious about WoW. So I went to three different friends who
are playing it to see "what the fuzz was all about".

And I'm not sold at all. Curious about it, but not sold at all :-/

Care to tell us what you like about WoW that D2 lacked and inversely?

I know they aren't the same genre exactly, but still: RPG, economy,
PvM (renamed "PvE" !?), PvP, etc.

What are your impressions, things you like (liked in D2) and dislike
(and disliked in D2) ?

One think that I really disliked in D2 LOD was the fact that there
were differents realms :(

I would have liken that, at least, the "item economy" would have
been the same for all players across the earth (at least in HC).

Then there was the HC / non-HC separation, then the additional
HC / non-HC / ladder HC / ladder non-HC / etc.

I don't like that. It's not really "MMORPG".

Btw, is there a term like "SUMORPG" : Single Universe Multiplayer
Role Playing Game?

Are there any online games where there, at least, a single economy?

In Warcraft it seems worse: there's no way to transfer a char
from a server to another !? Is that correct?

No global economy, not even "continent" economy. No. Hundreds
and hundreds of servers :((( (If I understand correctly).

And your "locked" with your char on the server you choosed !?

Moreover, I only ever played D2 LOD in HC (then in HC ladder).
I always "boosted" my new accounts in normal (after x months
without playing, I always had to re-create an HC account) just
to be able to play HC.

HC only and mostly HC hell only.

There's no permadeath in WoW :(

Where is the thrill? (I know, I know, lots of people play
D2 LOD in softcore... but for me it's just not the same game).

:-/

For 15 Euros a month I want permadeath and I want a single
economy :-/

On the funny side, you gat to love of they dealt with the
"items on the ground" problem (which led to so many hack,
dupe, stealing, legit objects vanishing [it happened several
times to me: objects I found myself, vanishing while muling
although they were on the ground only since a few moments]).

You simply can't drop items on the ground in WoW !?

:)

> It works and works nicely.

I'm curious... I'm hesitating "to give it a shot".

And if even "u" is enjoying it, maybe it's not that bad afterall ;)

So... So long and see you maybe one of these days in alt.games.warcraft

:)

Peace,

Jean

TRENDING THREADS