Thanks for the help

Thank you all for helping. And for trying to explain what DDR means. :)
The only thing that I do not understand is how people (the so-called "David"
who also replied to my query) can make stupid remarks in this forum that
have no relevance to the situation at hand. That "Person" should be banned
from the service. Just for the fact that he does not comprehend the english
language and not for his inability to speak/write with any knowledge of
which he "hopes" he is speaking about. It is people like him that make these
forums laughable sometimes, because there are idiots out there who have
nothing better to do with their time than to make blatant and irrelevant
remarks; and do not realize that some people have legitimate problems. A
real shame in my eyes. And I am sure that there are a lot of followers who
will support me.

Once again, my thanks goes to - Keith - Thomas Wendell - Miss Tick and
Alvin Brown.

Keep up the good work

Geddy

"Keith" <keith@nospam.freeman.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thomas Wendell wrote:
>> 166MHz is the correct speed. As all transactions on the bus occurs at
>> both the rising and the falling edges, it's called DoubleDataRate. In
>> this case 2*166(.666)MHZ = 333Mhz data rate...
>>

> confusing eh!
>

>> "G L" <nospam@for.me> kirjoitti viestissä
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I have a little question/problem. I have the above mentioned
>>> Mainboard. I am using the AMD Barton 2500 CPU. The MB is supposed to
>>> be capable of running at 333mhz for the FSB, and according to my
>>> jumpers; they are correctly set at 1-2 and 1-2 respectively.
>>> HOWEVER; when I run my computer up, the page reads only 166Mhz and
>>> not 333FSB. How do I get it up to the 333FSB? I read the manual but
>>> do not want to take any steps until maybe someone can give me step
>>> by step instructions. I have the feeling that it is a simple
>>> solution but cannot seem to find it. I thought that if I changed the
>>> Bios settings, that that would do the trick; but the BIOS only runs
>>> up to 232Mhz for the CPU FSB, so I assume that that is not the
>>> solution. All help would be more than greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> GL
>>>
>>> P.s: Please don't answer me if you are going to give out wisecracks
>>> about AMD. I am running a P4 in my laptop and have more overheating
>>> problems than I can care to shake a stick at. Both AMD and Intel
>>> have their positive and negative sides. :)
>>>
>>> Thanks again.

I would be a little nicer with David. Many people come here to learn
and try to offer help even if they don't know what they are talking
about. It's like a really bad singer in a choir. He doesn't help things
sound good, but at least he is trying his best ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)