The adapter for CPU power is not compatible with the CPU power from the PSU

BalooTheBear

Prominent
May 10, 2017
So I bought the Seasonic s12ii-520 PSU and a B350 gaming pro motherboard from MSI. The CPU power on the motherboard requires a 8 pin connector,. The PSU comes with a 2x4 pin connector that doesn't match the one on the motherboard and doesn´t reach either (I got a Deepblue Tesseract case). I also got a 6 pin to 8 pin converter, where the 8 pin connector does match the on the motherboard. My question is , can I plug one of the 4 pin connectors into the 6 pin and then the 8 pin into the motherboard or should I get some sort of adapter?

Solution
Either you are trying to put a PCI-E 6+2 pin connector in the CPU slot, or you simply have teh EPS CPU plug facing the wrong direction as they are designed to fit.
Hi

dont confuse PCI-e 12V (8 pin) with EPS CPU 12V (8 pin) they should not fit in the same sockets

PCI-E connectors are 8 pin or 6 pin (or 6 pin + 2 pin which clip together to fit in 8 pin socket)

motherboard CPU power is either 4 pin for AT lower power systems
or 8 pin for EPS higher power systems (or 2 x 4 pin which clip together to form a EPS 8 pin plug)

for pictures of PC plugs & sockets
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

regards

Mike Barnes

8pin cpu power cable of your psu is 550mm long, height of your case is 454mm. How exactly it doesn't reach? And if it doesn't fit, you're connecting it wrong.

Don't do that. You'll fry your motherboard. 6pin to 8pin is for PCIE power (not for CPU power). 4pin connector is for CPU power (not PCIE power).