the aftermath of smelling smoke in pc, plz help!

oggyphillips

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2015
yesterday i had smelt smoke coming out of my pc and many people said to clean your pc in places such as the cpu cooler and psu as dust build up can occur. i cleaned it and success! i dont smell any smoke no more from my pc.

The problem is though that i got it from playing this guitar game called rocksmith and was thinking if that caused the smoke. However basically any pc/laptop can run this game. these are the parts

Processor:2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6750 or 2.8 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:256 MB DirectX 9 / NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 XT

im scared that if i load this game again i will smell the smokey smell again. (btw my cooling is fine)

Solution
You should be fine if the dust is gone and you have cooling. Use task manager or some other software to keep and eye on temps when running applications the next time you use them and close the apps if the temps get to high before it can get to smoking stage. Double check your system and make sure there are no scorch marks or anything and make sure your fans are working, just to be safe.

craftmaster_96

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
You should be fine if the dust is gone and you have cooling. Use task manager or some other software to keep and eye on temps when running applications the next time you use them and close the apps if the temps get to high before it can get to smoking stage. Double check your system and make sure there are no scorch marks or anything and make sure your fans are working, just to be safe.

Solution

KrzysiekX10

Honorable
Apr 6, 2014

Yeah, it monitors the temperatures of each core of the cpu separately and also the temperatures of the graphics card(s). Although it does not control cooling (fan speeds). For this you would need a program like SpeedFan.

TRENDING THREADS