the Alt button keep activated when actually i didnt press it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleaves

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
hi, i got problem with my laptop. my laptop can activate the alt key when i dont actually press it. i tried to disable the alt key using some softwares, both of them - the left and right alt, but still not working. this really annoy me. i can't type fast since the alt key keep getting activated (for example when i typing in words, i will activate whatever it gets in the ribbon since the alt just randomly activated. also when i type in google chrome, and i did mistakes, so i try to delete it, but the delete button become back button since the alt button is activated). This thing happen so many times not only when i typing. but also when i clicking something or read something or even when i let the laptop in idle.
please help me solve this problem. I am currently working on so many things that require me to write much in word. so i really need this to be solved.thank you

Solution
Hi,

1. Make sure to disable first all "Hotkey" software in your laptop that is installed or you can just uninstall them first.
2. Disable all your startup items in Task Manager then reboot your laptop.
3. Open onscreen keyboard then toggle both ALT keys on it that should help as well on disabling it.
4. Uninstall/reinstall keyboard driver. Go to Device Manager then uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop, that should reinstall the keyboard driver automatically.
Hi,

1. Make sure to disable first all "Hotkey" software in your laptop that is installed or you can just uninstall them first.
2. Disable all your startup items in Task Manager then reboot your laptop.
3. Open onscreen keyboard then toggle both ALT keys on it that should help as well on disabling it.
4. Uninstall/reinstall keyboard driver. Go to Device Manager then uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop, that should reinstall the keyboard driver automatically.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.