The American Difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
http://www.davidairey.com/time-magazine-covers/

Do the Times just think Americans don't need to know whats going on in the world?

Or

Are they just trying to sell magazines?

riser

Illustrious
Time Magazine has held a progressive (liberal) view over the US for a while now. Our media fails the American people by not reporting accurately or indepth. Too many Americans are self absorbed and unwilling to concern themselves with the realities of the world.
A few days ago I mentioned to a few people around me that gas prices were going to spike. They've been on the decline in my area. They thought I was crazy and had no way of knowing. In the course of a week gas prices jump almost 40 cents a gallon. Now they ask me how I knew it was going to happen. I read the news, multiple news sites, and follow the events. More effort than most people are willing to put forward.

"Ineptocracy" is the new word I see/hear floating around.

riser

Illustrious
I can't buy that. That would be someone using captialism to get ahead. That's what I, the Occupy-tardo movement, am supposed to get against.

I'll go beat up one of my fellow homeless mask wearing associates and take theirs. Besides, I live in a tent, on public grounds, and don't have a job. I don't have money which is why I need the mask to get my entitlements of food, Nikes, Xbox, and fancy cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.