The American Megatrends Screen

SS_Slime

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I have seen this screen a lot lately and I have seen no fix for the current problem I have. It says "Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings". I have tried to do some things in bios, but when I save and restart my computer monitor will not come on and says nothing is being projected onto it. If I pull out the power and turn the computer back on it takes me back to the American megatrends screen, and none of the bios settings save. All of this started happening after a power outage, but we do have a surge protector. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid and there is an easy fix, I'm just starting to learn about all of this stuff.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
There is a battery on your motherboard that keeps those settings. It might have gone bad. Get a new one. They are called CMOS batteries and most of the time are the same ones used in watches. The model is printer on them too, so if you remove the current one you will know which one you need. If you tell us your motherboard model we can tell you where it is on your motherboard.