Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
So 21 days 21 years since my Riva TNT card coming from a Voodoo1 2D/3D Hercules card. The folks at nVidia have specifically said the performance advantage of the 3080Ti over the 2080Ti is 30 percent. Which means if your playing at 4K resolution and your getting a steady 60FPS with the 2080Ti then with the 3080Ti which will steal your money for probably near 2 thousand dollars will give you 90FPS. This is still not enough for proper smooth 4K game play as it will not match a gaming monitors 144Hz refresh rate. I will be a 2K gamer for life as I turn up all nVidia panel options to high quality and highest settings and all AA methods on including MSAA and what not and game settings to highest quality and I see no jaggies and I get my 180FPS with dips to 110FPS only at certain times in Quake Champions the only game I care about. Don't get me wrong the 3080Ti is great for someone coming from a 5700XT or a 1070Ti or a 2070 plain. Every other situation for the gamer is not worth it and is a rip off. I mean come on the graphics card now costs 4x to 7x more then a nice Ryzen 3700x great CPU which is the brain behind it all. Just my thoughts not a troll and not a rant, just IMHO. Im sure some can relate. I will stick with my graphics card in my signature for minimum another 6 years as I don't care about RTX or Ray Tracing or the stupid war games IMO not yours. Thank you and long live Quake Champions a true FPS game and the best one ever and still being updated. Thank you 🆒

This has got to be the most silly, most uninformed post I have seen all week.

It's actually very amusing how you say you will "be a 2K gamer for life" and that you will "get my 180FPS with dips to 110FPS" yet in your signature you list no 2K monitors (or gaming monitors of any kind at all) but two 4K 60 Hz LG TVs (LG 43" IPS 4K HDR10 / LG 55" C9 OLED).

Maybe next time you start a thread for the purposes of bashing on a GPU, you should:

a) Wait for it to be available for sale, or at least reviewed, or even officially announced
b) Check and make sure that your signature matches your assertions (this will help people take you seriously)
c) Sound like less of a Quake Champions fanboy (which is making people take you not seriously at all)

Reactions: hotaru.hino

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

Reactions: hotaru.hino
Status
Not open for further replies.