The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) after windows refresh.

Bigbzt

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hey guys i have this problem occurring now, it started after i ran ccleaner I couldn't even click the windows icon or open anything, so i figured a windows refresh would fix it, that's not the case. I can open everything fine if i right click, run as administrator but i didn't have to do this before, my skype/steam/realtek audio would open right on startup now i just get the error. I am the only user on my pc, and i am an administrator. What is weird is that mcafee still starts on startup, so i uninstalled it to see if that was the problem, but the error persisted even with it removed.

sfc /scannow shows 0 violations, malwarebytes detect 0 viruses "it shouldn't anyway my build is only 2 weeks old". Should i try a full windows reinstall instead of the one that keeps your files an what not? Or is this something that is easy to fix? Any help would be awesome!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try making a new local user on PC and make it an admin and see if same behaviour continues. You can copy all the folders in your current users folder onto new one so you don't lose anything. This is a quicker alternative to a fresh install.

How did you refresh windows? Macafee shouldn't have been in existence if you did a reset so how did you do it?

Bigbzt

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

I refreshed Windows from my installation usb for Windows 10 and mcafee is on my pc because I installed it after the refresh. I don't mind doing a full reset rather than a refresh as long as it fixes the problem.

Bigbzt

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Ok I did a complete Windows reinstall, and the same thing is happening once again, what could be causing this issue? Sfc scannow shows nothing, I don't have a virus, I'm seriously lost at what to do, please does anyone have a suggestion?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

Bigbzt

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

I fixed the problem a little bit ago, I used the Windows recovery to do what I thought was a clean install, the one where it deletes everything, but that didn't fix it. I did an actually clean install by formatting my hard drive and installing on a fresh hdd, no problem since. I'll give you the answer although I fixed it earlier, but you did link me to exactly what I did.