The Archos Gaming Tablet is Now For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If it works nearly as good as all the other Archos devices I have tested, then this thing will rock for about a week!

The it will start randomly crashing, throwinggraphics artifacts then finally being unable to boot.

guvnaguy

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
1024x600 for 2013? I realize lower res means better frames but cmon, that's pathetic. At least make it 1080. Otherwise looks like it could be a great

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Fragging, really? I'm sure a lot of people will be choosing this to play the next FPS!

So we're combining Archos cheap build quality, a processor that won't allow for Tegra Zone games, specs that are close to where chinese knockoff tablets are at, all for nearly the price of a Nexus 7. How could I pass that up?! Here's a protip for any console gamer, take a look at the D Pad. Notice how it's four separate buttons? This is what happens when people who don't know how to design game devices try their hand at it.

Once these fail to sell, can we finally stop pretending this is something that people want?

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
This would be an interesting device (the specs are quite decent given the price), but that D-pad is just awful. How the hell can you design a gaming controller and not pay any attention to the past 20 years of controller design and say "y'know, maybe making the D-pad four separate, widely-spaced buttons is a terrible idea"?

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Fragging, really? I'm sure a lot of people will be choosing this to play the next FPS!So we're combining Archos cheap build quality, a processor that won't allow for Tegra Zone games, specs that are close to where chinese knockoff tablets are at, all for nearly the price of a Nexus 7. How could I pass that up?! Here's a protip for any console gamer, take a look at the D Pad. Notice how it's four separate buttons? This is what happens when people who don't know how to design game devices try their hand at it.Once these fail to sell, can we finally stop pretending this is something that people want?[/citation]
Playstation has been using that exact style of d-pad for last nearly 20 years.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
... i like it! though want to see some revies before buying one but the gaming sticks look nice and being able to play games without putting fingerprints on the tablet appeals, also would like to see a possible scrolling on web pages, text docs, pdf fiels, and ebooks to not get anythign on the screen whiel reading, but again woudl need to see some reviews first and have it out a few months for any bugs to emerge. they might have a sale here in a few months though

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]mman74[/nom]Honestly, why don't you just root a Nexus 7 and pair it with your PS3 controller.[/citation]

I do that with my galaxy nexus with sixaxis app , but the idea of nto carrying a controller seems nice. but mostly I liek the expandable memory, i would have bought a nexus 7 day 1 if it had a expandable memory slot and will never buy another nexus agian until they come with one, my 32 gig galaxy nexus has been full on data since about 2 weeks after getting the thing. I constantly have to exchange media and woudl be nice to just have a few memory cards for swapping wha tI want to be abel to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.