The Avexir S100 - The World's First Crowdfunded SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmazyn

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
I could never understand why people put all those on their pc's. My case has absolutely no windows and all external LED's are covered with blu-tac. Last thing I need is a turned on lantern in my bedroom at night.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
The thing that peaked my interest was the on-board 8GB ddr4. I think my 840 pro has 2GB ddr2... I'm curious what the difference is if any. I have an 850 Evo but I never bothered to check those specs. I went with samsung because I knew they would work well. Same with intel.

The LED thing is not going to attract nor deter me from buying if the product is excellent. I have an Enthoo Pro (window version) but the only led in my case is a 120mm fan in the bottom front. Its light is very dim and gives the case just enough light to make it noticeable but its not super bright/distracting. There is certainly a market for such things, however.

Pooslipper

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
-firefoxx, it's not onboard RAM, it's standard DDR4 DIMMs bundled with the SSD. " As a presale, potential buyers are forced to just order the S100 SSD with Avexir system memory."

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I could never understand why people put all those on their pc's. My case has absolutely no windows and all external LED's are covered with blu-tac. Last thing I need is a turned on lantern in my bedroom at night.

sadly, the best cases that i want all demand windows... i'm probably going to bite the bullet get a 25 gallon bucket of window paint because they only sell the crap to businesses to paint their windows, i could never find a consumer size version.

but that said, there are a few lights i want on my computer, just so when i hear a weird noise in when im going to sleep i can look over and see if my computer is still on or i need to get up and see what just happened.

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Some custom-built computer case lighting can look really cool. The problem is when people just stick a bunch of random LED lights and lit components in their cases. Everything has different colors and is flashing and blinking out of sync. It just looks cheap.

RogerE

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015
This arrives just in time for my holiday build. I like it. That being said, Avexir really needs an English speaker to copy edit their marketing materials. The poor grammar does not instill buyer confidence.

RogerE

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015

Well, I hear you, but many of us don't put these in our bedrooms, we put them in our offices or other play spaces.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Not everyone keeps their computer in the bedroom. Some of us have basements that are set up to host an entire LAN party and the lighted window cases look awesome. I guess some things are subjective, but that's no reason to knock other people who want some wow factor.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Also, I add windows to my cases and am particular about lighting. Mine aren't blinding, you can't see the light directly, but rather it creates a cool glow or illuminates the inside components. Without doing some halfway decent cable management, lighting looks messy too. Most of my projects take a good month. In the last year I've cut panels and added two windows, and I buy strip lights from China that aren't the safest until I wrap the ends. They are however, quite cheap and bright. :) Speaking of which, I need to order one. Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS