Question The B350 GTX can't support Randeon RX 560?

Nov 15, 2019
I bought a Biostar B350 GTX motherboard and installed everything normally. When I plug in my GPU, the computer turns on, but shortly thereafter only the GPU shuts down and the computer goes into something like a power saving mode. How do I solve this?

Even when the GPU is connected, the BIOS itself gets bugged.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
List pc specs

Cpu:
Motherboard: Biostar B350 GTX
Ram:
Gpu: Rx560
Hdd/ssd:
Psu:
Monitor & video cable:

Possibilities;
Incompatible cpu, needing a Bios update.

Video cable incorrectly connected to the wrong port, ie motherboard instead of graphic's card.

--

Can you enter bios at all with a display?

Nov 15, 2019
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7GHz
Motherboard: Biostar B350 GTX
Ram: SUPER LUCE DDR4 8GB 3000MHZ
Gpu: Randeon Rx560
Hdd/ssd: SSD Gigabyte 480GB
Psu: Cougar VTC500 500W, 80 Plus White
Monitor & video cable: Samsung S4D332, HMDI

I couldn't find the BIOS update on the Biostar website.

When the GPU was connected, I put the HMDI directly on it, not on the motherboard.

I can access the BIOS normally when only the motherboard is connected, when the GPU connects, it gets bugged.

What it looks like is that when it boots windows, the computer shuts down partially ... everything keeps working except the GPU, making the screen go into power save mode

Nov 15, 2019
In fact, the screen turns on. I was told to try to reset CMOS from the motherboard and try to use the GPU again.

I did that, it worked for a while, but soon the computer went back into that power saving mode.

As I couldn't solve the problem, I removed the GPU and continued to use the computer normally, but now it enters this mode even without the video card.

When this happens, the only way to turn it off or anything else is to cut the power at the source.

Link for the GPU: https://www.terabyteshop.com.br/pro...yte-radeon-rx-560-oc-gv-rx560oc-4gd-4gb-gddr5

Link for the motherboard: https://www.terabyteshop.com.br/pro...star-racing-b350gtx-chipset-b350-amd-am4-ddr4

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Computer just doesn't go into power saving mode immediately after logging in, it might appear that way because display vanishes, but more than likely, there's something else going on.

Can you get into Windows safemode?

Check with another monitor or TV and a different video cable.

With the video card, double check the 6pin external power is connected properly.

Nov 15, 2019
My GPU doesn't use the external 6 pin external power, it is directly connected to the motherboard.

I couldn't access Windows 10 in safe mode, because when the GPU is plugged in, Windows 10 can't boot.

I tried to change the monitor and the cables, but it stayed the same.

Even after trying with the GPU connected, I tried to call without it and started having the same problem. The W10 not booting and the computer is in a kind of power saving mode.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I tried to call without it and started having the same problem.

What does call mean?

Regarding 6 pin, your right, it doesn't need one. I finally tracked down information on your specific card whether it contained a 6pin and it doesn't. A similar model, the gaming version does.

Again, it's got nothing to do with power saving. It's looking like either the card or motherboard pcie slot is faulty. Take it to a PC store and see if they can try another video card.

TRENDING THREADS