The bards tale coming out for pc?

Hi
Been playing the Bards Tale on my xbox wondering when it will come out for
the PC?
Why do they put a clasic RPG on the XBOX a PC would be much better!
Anyway it's a great game<well the gameplay/story is the normal RPG stuff>
But the interaction between the character<The Bard> and the narrator is side
spliting funny<I don't useally LOL at games but I this one is great>
Don't know why the revweiws were so bad....<guess they did not pay them
enugh ;)>
Great game for the XBOX will even be better for the PC!

>Hi
>Been playing the Bards Tale on my xbox wondering when it will come out
for
>the PC?
>Why do they put a clasic RPG on the XBOX a PC would be much better!
>Anyway it's a great game<well the gameplay/story is the normal RPG
stuff>
>But the interaction between the character<The Bard> and the narrator
is side
>spliting funny<I don't useally LOL at games but I this one is great>
>Don't know why the revweiws were so bad....<guess they did not pay
them
>enugh ;)>
>Great game for the XBOX will even be better for the PC!

It is due out on the PC but I don't agree with your enthusiasm for it
^_^

Yeah I thought it was pretty funny too!

The only thing I regretted was that it was a solo Rpg and I always
associated the Bard's Tale series with a party of characters.

It seems like Xbox games really lean towards making these type of RPG's
(BG: Dark Alliance, Morrowind etc...)

Sudeki is about the closest thing and its party control is narrow at
times.

Anyway, BT-Xbox very funny hope they make the pc version as funny and
party-based

Cheers,

Hawklan

Thanks for the reminder,

Actually I own it. Wonderful game, I love attacking from above/behind. I
just wish I could keep track of my elements better. To many times I
impulsively bought a wind item when I needed a water item (the icon is
pretty similar).

The only part of the game that disappointed me was the magic characters, I
never really got into them (shaman et...). I always found that the other
classes more powerful.

Good call wish there were more like that for the Xbox (unfortunately I
think this game was a bit of a sleeper for the Xbox)

Cheers,

Hawklan.

Rick Ryan wrote:
> Hi
> Been playing the Bards Tale on my xbox wondering when it will come out for
> the PC?
> Why do they put a clasic RPG on the XBOX a PC would be much better!
> Anyway it's a great game<well the gameplay/story is the normal RPG stuff>
> But the interaction between the character<The Bard> and the narrator is side
> spliting funny<I don't useally LOL at games but I this one is great>
> Don't know why the revweiws were so bad....<guess they did not pay them
> enugh ;)>
> Great game for the XBOX will even be better for the PC!

How is the relation to the original trilogy?

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-07, Vader des Vaderlands <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:

> How is the relation to the original trilogy?

None. Zip nada. It's a Mario style 3d action rpg where you
control a bard who runs around whopping butt.

Lookup "The Devil's Whiskey" if you're looking for a Bards Tale
remake. It's a commericial game that you can buy and download
on-line.

Rick Ryan wrote:
> Hi
> Been playing the Bards Tale on my xbox wondering when it will come
> out for the PC?
> Why do they put a clasic RPG on the XBOX a PC would be much better!
> Anyway it's a great game<well the gameplay/story is the normal RPG
> stuff> But the interaction between the character<The Bard> and the
> narrator is side spliting funny<I don't useally LOL at games but I
> this one is great> Don't know why the revweiws were so bad....<guess they
> did not pay
> them enugh ;)>
> Great game for the XBOX will even be better for the PC!

I bought the PS2 version of it just for old times' remembrance. It has some
humorous dialogue and decent voice acting, but I don't think much of it as
an RPG, or anything else, for that matter.

The only way I'd even consider buying it for the PC would be if massive
interface and content changes were made, which I don't think will happen.
I'd recommend anybody who hasn't already seen a console version of it and
knows what they're getting, stay away from a PC version until it's been well
and thoroughly reviewed.
--
chainbreaker

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-07, chainbreaker <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:

> I bought the PS2 version of it just for old times' remembrance.
> It has some humorous dialogue and decent voice acting, but I
> don't think much of it as an RPG, or anything else, for that
> matter.

What's hilarious is seeing console owners actually call it a
remake of a classic.

Vader des Vaderlands wrote:
> Rick Ryan wrote:
>> Hi
>> Been playing the Bards Tale on my xbox wondering when it will come
>> out for the PC?
>> Why do they put a clasic RPG on the XBOX a PC would be much better!
>> Anyway it's a great game<well the gameplay/story is the normal RPG
>> stuff> But the interaction between the character<The Bard> and the
>> narrator is side spliting funny<I don't useally LOL at games but I
>> this one is great> Don't know why the revweiws were so bad....<guess they
>> did not pay
>> them enugh ;)>
>> Great game for the XBOX will even be better for the PC!
>>

> How is the relation to the original trilogy?

Brian Fargo, so far as I could tell.

Oh, and the game name.

--
chainbreaker

"Hawklan" <kristan.miller@nospamdnd.ca> wrote in

> It seems like Xbox games really lean towards making these type of RPG's
> (BG: Dark Alliance, Morrowind etc...)

Poor Xbox users miss out on the best thing about Morrowind - the mods. They
make a flawed game into a great game!

Diane

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-03-07, Vader des Vaderlands <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:
>
>> How is the relation to the original trilogy?
>
> None. Zip nada. It's a Mario style 3d action rpg where you
> control a bard who runs around whopping butt.
>
> Lookup "The Devil's Whiskey" if you're looking for a Bards Tale
> remake. It's a commericial game that you can buy and download
> on-line.

agreed-nothing to do with the original series. We have an Xbox as well as
PC and thought we might get some enjoyment from something new, but not to
be. There is some humor in the beginning tavern sequence patricularly the
singing quartet of locals, but I did not much care for the game. Not much
of an RPG, IMHO.

I have also played Devil's Whiskey and it is more like the original Bard's
Tale then the new Bard's Tale is to the old. Sad because I had high hopes
for this one given the drought.

Never did bother to finish it.....

D.

There is none...
It's not even in the same world?
But it's still a fun action/rpg <like diablo >
It's not the gameplay that's great <just avrage> it's the humour that I find
great.
Lot's of LOL moments if you like Monty Python like stuff.
or play games like diablo like when he made a joke about a chest falling
out of a rat :) i could just see my AD&D character saying somthing like that
;)

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-03-07, Vader des Vaderlands <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote:
>

>>How is the relation to the original trilogy?
>

> None. Zip nada. It's a Mario style 3d action rpg where you
> control a bard who runs around whopping butt.
>
> Lookup "The Devil's Whiskey" if you're looking for a Bards Tale
> remake. It's a commericial game that you can buy and download
> on-line.

I hadn't heard of "Devil's Whiskey" before.
Thanks for mentioning it. It looks great.
Even has a Linux version.