ord

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004
I currently work with an application that has alot of realtime data that post to the screen. I am having performance issues, which has been narrowed down to my weak video card. What is a good performing 2D card? I understand that a lot of the recent progress in video cards has been for 3D gaming applications. Does a high end 3D card also mean high end 2D performance?

thanks for any guidance you provide.

cleeve

Illustrious
What card are you using now?

What application is it?

Mainly what are you trying to do/display?

There 2D quality and 2D performnce.

Performance wise just about any current 3D graphics graphics card will have good 2D performance. But the quality, scalability, resolution and such differ somewhat.

Really it comes down to what you're going to do with it.

The best 2D line in general is Matrox, but you might be able to get by and save a fair amount of money with a cheap Radeon or FX card.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

ord

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004
thanks for the info.

This is a trading app that has price feeds updating in real time. The 2D quality is not a problem its the 2D speed/performance that is most important. During extremely busy periods the image is not able to paint to the screen fast enough. I continuously monitor cpu usage which remains low.

thanks again