[SOLVED] The best fans for a all in one pc replacement?

Jun 10, 2020
I have a prebuilt Dell Optiplex 7440 All in One and I am thinking of upgrading my CPU to a 7700K. I run on stock coolers,but i wanna improve the cool er cuz I am thinking of overclocking.
can anybody recommend a good cooler for my pc?

Solution
Last time I fixed an all in one pc, the cooler was a proprietary fan, basically just like a laptops or pci squirrel cage. But I've seen advertisements of a Gaming all in one that used a Corsair H55 equivalent AIO.

So all I can say is it's not a standard cpu cooler and finding something more powerful that will actually bolt in might require finding a replacement cooler for the larger cpu from a similar model. Which may or may not be possible.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Doubt that'll work out. Dell uses a proprietary bios, the cpu might be chipset compatible, but the Dell bios almost always prohibits usage of K cpus, and generally has a very small list of acceptable cpus. They feel that if you wanted the i7-7700k performance, then you should have bought the model with that cpu from them, not upgraded.

And the all in one pc's are as severely handicapped for cooling options as a laptop, OC is generally not recommended nor usually possible as it's not using a standard Z rated motherboard.

Jun 10, 2020
Doubt that'll work out. Dell uses a proprietary bios, the cpu might be chipset compatible, but the Dell bios almost always prohibits usage of K cpus, and generally has a very small list of acceptable cpus. They feel that if you wanted the i7-7700k performance, then you should have bought the model with that cpu from them, not upgraded.

And the all in one pc's are as severely handicapped for cooling options as a laptop, OC is generally not recommended nor usually possible as it's not using a standard Z rated motherboard.
so I am thinking of modding my bios
{i do know to the risks}
so if i modded it with OC options available, how do i find a cooler that is compatible?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Last time I fixed an all in one pc, the cooler was a proprietary fan, basically just like a laptops or pci squirrel cage. But I've seen advertisements of a Gaming all in one that used a Corsair H55 equivalent AIO.

So all I can say is it's not a standard cpu cooler and finding something more powerful that will actually bolt in might require finding a replacement cooler for the larger cpu from a similar model. Which may or may not be possible.

Solution