The best GeForce2 MX - Which is it?

G

I've noticed there are a number of MX's out there, and to my understanding, when it comes to it, the best one seems to be either the ASUS 7100 MX or the Hercules 3D Prophet II MX.
Now, which of these two cards is the better one?

Does anyone know how the two card's dual-display/twinview features compare?

And, last, is there perhaps any other good buy/card I've missed that has a better price/performance ratio than these two?

Thanks,

Linus

G

I know there are a lot of Herc and Asus fans out there. Herc cos of the 5.5ns RAM and Asus cos.. well they allways make quality products. Both of them are more expensive than the average MX though. At least the Herc Retail which is the only one with 5.5ns RAM - OEMs got 6ns.
Me I would like to promote the Gainward Cardexpert MX (Golden sample version) It comes with 5.5ns Elite memory, and I suspect it overclockes a lot better than the Herc and Asus (Which has 6ns RAM in any case). Now, they both do 205-210 Mhz mem 215 if you're lucky which isn't too bad at all. However my Cardexpert does 225MHz easily, and I've even used 250 MHz. I should say though that I've cooled the memory chips a little though I'm not sure how much that helps. What I'm saying is that there are other good cards out there that aren't called Asus og Hercules. The Gainward is cheap as well as incredible overclockable.

Boy am I full of it - in every respect.

G

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this, but I often wondered if the ASUS GeForce2 would not be advisable when a person has an ABIT motherboard. (I have the ABIT and haven't decided yet what graphics card to go with, that's why I'm asking)

G

give GeForce2 a try HAHO, if that is the one u <i>really</i> want. and if it does have problems any reputable vendor will trade for the Matrox u and i discussed

G

HI bucky boy! So that's what you think aye? Which make did you have in mind? LEAKTEK is what they used on the SCREENSAVERS show when they built that computer they gave away. Its around $130. I almost order ASUS for $99 but the paranoia in me was afraid to since I have the ABIT m/b

p.s. In this forum, the html codes they support must be used with brackets like these [ ] instead of < >

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by HAHO on 11/19/00 05:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

<b>BUCKY BOY .. ???</b> hohoho HAHO..want me to tell what HAHO stands for? ;-)

G

What about the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX? I haven't seen any reviews of it but it looks interesting....

G

Where did you see that card? I tried a couple search engines and can't find anything about it.

Atman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm still not convinced there is much of a diff between any of the mx cards....or at least the quality ones....what maybe a frame here and there? The better card depends upon which features/software you want/need and which one is on sale!
Atman