The Best Nexus Yet: Huawei Nexus 6P, Hands-On Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebble

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Got the 6P in my hands today as well as an upgrade from my Nexus 5. The 6P is a beautiful device. Feels great in my hand. Quality is excellent, and performance is significantly better than the Nexus 5. Well done Google!

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Everything looked gravy until I saw the non-removable battery.

Some can say its not a big deal but when you have a phone just over a year old and the battery dies in it you will think otherwise.

Yeah it happened to me and it helped me learn never to buy a phone with a sealed battery again.

Specs on this phone are not too far off from my Lumia 950xl (which is amazing).

The 810 is lightning fast and I have not had overheating issues, but I am not sure how much that has to do with the custom heat pipe cooling solution on the Lumia.

Sean_80

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
The phone looks great, but I really am too worried about the bending and shattering pane on the back.

Serg P

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I have mine for 2 weeks now.
Looks nice, light, fast,
Problems with Bluetooth can't recognize anything, headphone, car, nothing.
Voice is unnatural ,when talk directly in the mic, people tells me that I started to speak much higher notes. I do it the same.
Google needs to fix this issues.

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Google had to frack it up again, great camera chip but no OIS, yet we have biocraptics. Google lost another potential customer *=_=

heabrams

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Fine phone, zero support. If you look for help from Google, its web page says support is provided only by the manufacturer. There is no support office in the US, and the email I sent asking a question about the LED notification light went unanswered. My carrier (Verizon) knows nothing about the phone (which seems fair as they do not sell it). If support matters, look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.