The best overclock settings for ZOTAC GTX 760 (ZT-70401-10P)

jerkingbad

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Hello Guys,

I've just acquire a new graphic card ZOTAC GTX 760 (ZT-70401-10P), and I would like to make an overclock to maximize the settings. So far, I have tried the overclock using EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner and the ZOTAC Firestorm but everytime I set a different GPU Clock or Memory Clock, after a couple seconds the game crashes saying that an error has occured with the driver and then, the default clock values are set back voiding the overclock settings.

I don't have much experience with overclock but I would like to increase the performance from this graphic card with the goal to play the new games as Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Battlefield 4 on Maximum Settings.

My PC configuration is:

AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (not overclocked)
4GB DDR3 1333MHz
ZOTAC GTX 760 2GB DDR5 (ZT-70401-10P).

The default Clock values are:

- GPU Clock (MHz): 993
- Memory Clock (MHz): 1502
- GPU Max. Voltage (mV): 1200
- Board Power Limit (%): 100

If does someone has the same graphic card and has found a safe configuration to overclock it, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Fred.

Solution
Hey Fred,

I own this exact card with a FX-8350. I use Firestorm but most people recommend precision or afterburner. Every chip/system is different but I only overclocked the GPU clock as this is where you will see the biggest improvements.
My settings: GPU Clock: 1033 | Memory: 1502 | Board Power limit: 110% | Temp target: 84

When I set the card +50 (1043) my driver crashes when running Heaven Bench Mark. It seems to not overclock extremely well but I have been more than satisfied with the card overall. With the boost 2.0 and overclock at 1033 the card runs @ 1149.7 Mhz. The max temp during Heaven benchmark with these settings is 82 C for me. I have to load the profile every time in Firestorm before gaming.

Good luck and...

snix

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hey Fred,

I own this exact card with a FX-8350. I use Firestorm but most people recommend precision or afterburner. Every chip/system is different but I only overclocked the GPU clock as this is where you will see the biggest improvements.
My settings: GPU Clock: 1033 | Memory: 1502 | Board Power limit: 110% | Temp target: 84

When I set the card +50 (1043) my driver crashes when running Heaven Bench Mark. It seems to not overclock extremely well but I have been more than satisfied with the card overall. With the boost 2.0 and overclock at 1033 the card runs @ 1149.7 Mhz. The max temp during Heaven benchmark with these settings is 82 C for me. I have to load the profile every time in Firestorm before gaming.

Good luck and have Fun!

Solution

jerkingbad

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Hey Snix,

Thanks for the reply!

I definitely will try this overclock today.

Did you try any "hardcore" games to test the performance such as Batman Arkham Origins, Battlefield 4 or Assassin's Creed 4 Blag Flag? How was the FPS rate?

If you do, what are the game settings that you are using for a better game experience?

Thanks my friend, and as soon as I test the overclock I will post the resuts here.

Cheers,

Fred

snix

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I have played Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Arkham Asylum (going in order) with this overclock without any issues. I actually let Geforce Experience optimize my game play settings and it seems to work pretty good. I'm playing at 2560x1600; I'm getting about 50 FPS on Far Cry 3 with pretty high settings. You should get a lot higher if you are playing at 1080.