[SOLVED] The Best Way to Compare Processor performance

Hello, Im new in this forum. I just wanna know the best way to compare processor performace, without test it directly. I usually just looking for single score and multi score at geekbench site. Higher score is better perfomance is that right ? or there is another way to find out ? really appreciate for your opinion.

Rgds,
Gerald

Solution
Yeah I know, but not all processor have a reviews. I looking for casual gaming and some light editing purpose.
For this purpose, assuming you have a standard budget, I suggest either the r5 2600 or r5 3600 processor from AMD. To answer your original question, if you are looking for the scores of thousands of tests of CPU's, with the ability to compare different CPUs' single and multi-core performance, I suggest you take a look at this website. This website also contains comparisons and scores from other popular components from RAM, GPU, and Storage categories in case you ever decide to upgrade on of those.

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
When you say "without testing it directly", do you mean without physically installing them and testing them?
Hello, Im new in this forum. I just wanna know the best way to compare processor performace, without test it directly. I usually just looking for single score and multi score at geekbench site. Higher score is better perfomance is that right ? or there is another way to find out ? really appreciate for your opinion.

Rgds,
Gerald

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
You will need to read through reviews to get an idea of the single core performance. What will you be taxing the system/CPU with? According to that list we could suggest some things to look at.
As he said, certain CPU's are usually associated with certain tasks. For example, many say that the Ryzen 3600 chip is more geared toward video editing and rendering or things like that than an Intel i5 9600k, which is commonly referred to as the better (although performance improvement is quite marginal) gaming CPU.

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Yeah I know, but not all processor have a reviews. I looking for casual gaming and some light editing purpose.
For this purpose, assuming you have a standard budget, I suggest either the r5 2600 or r5 3600 processor from AMD. To answer your original question, if you are looking for the scores of thousands of tests of CPU's, with the ability to compare different CPUs' single and multi-core performance, I suggest you take a look at this website. This website also contains comparisons and scores from other popular components from RAM, GPU, and Storage categories in case you ever decide to upgrade on of those.

Solution
Thanks bro, I know I can ask some people to suggest which is better, but before that I want to know, the real peformace of processor that I want. So I have my own opinion. I have checked your site, but do you know many user doubt that site ?

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Thanks bro, I know I can ask some people to suggest which is better, but before that I want to know, the real peformace of processor that I want. So I have my own opinion. I have checked your site, but do you know many user doubt that site ?
If by doubt you mean dislike, I can assure you not many. Similar to many comparison sites, there isn't much to dislike about it. Think of it as a stat sheet in a sports game, the numbers aren't influenced by anything rather than the player. The numbers represent performance and the players represent the components.

If by doubt you mean dislike, I can assure you not many. Similar to many comparison sites, there isn't much to dislike about it. Think of it as a stat sheet in a sports game, the numbers aren't influenced by anything rather than the player. The numbers represent performance and the players represent the components.
Hhmm ,ok maybe I can add your site to my referrence. Thanks for your opinion bro.