The Best

G

Okay I'm sure there's been plenty of debate as to which is the best motherboard for the athlon. So if you guys don't mind instead of debating how about we take a vote? Right now I'm at a total loss wait for ddr or go ahead with the current boards etc. But I do want to know which manufacturer I should start to look at. Oh and there won't be a revote or recount on this one by the way. Hehehehe

Okay just vote by posting a number that corresponds to your manufacturer. :)

1-asus
2-microstar
3-soyo
4-biostar
5-tyan
6-tekram
7-gigabyte
8-a-bit
9-aopen

Now this should be simple I hope. :) I know I'm missing a lot of other manufacturers but these are the ones that are available in my area. Thanks for the help!!!

G

1-Asus would be my choice. I'm waiting for 760s to appear on <A HREF="http://link" target="_new">www.pricewatch.com</A> with the new Atlons myself.

<font color=green>Buy, build, abuse, and replace... </font color=green> :smile:

G

My number 1 choice is ASUS too - usually very stable mobos.
So, ASUS

G

5!! Tyan is excellent. I have two of their boards, one for the K6 (Titan Turbo S1591), and their Thunderbird Board running the KT133- the Trinity S2390, and it rocks. It's on par with a similarily equipped P3 966 with my benchmarking program.

G

Hey,

Definetly ASUS, but you might want to add DFI they do a pretty nice set of boards.

Timothy Stankus
One of the First AMD Athlon Users =)

G

#8 ABIT! I have an ASUS now and I love it, but I liked my ABIT better...............

G

I'm working in a sales/service shop, and do have a lot of experience in what mobo's we tend to get back. My choices would be:

1. Asus is the best, no doubt, you have to pay abit more, but it's worth it.
2. Microstar is also very good, almost no return on them. Very stable. (They got a bad rep after the their first slot-a card, but I blame the chipset, not the card itself). The last year they've just produced excellent boards with their Master cards and the Pro cards. (ie. BX Master & K7T Pro)

Another note: I've had very mixed feelings about Abit, I had great success with my first card, the BX6-2.0. But we've had alot of trouble after they decided to include the Highpoint controllers on their boards, the promisechip is way superior.

Microstar is also very clever in the matter of putting in an arbitrarychip so you get full advantage of the pci-slots. It doesn't matter how many of them you have, as long as not all can be masters.

Then I get to this: Tom & coworkers, please include how many actual pci-slots you can use, cause I've seen dozens of stuffed computers, with owners complaining this and that doesn't work after they installed their latest card. This is also a kick to all the manufacturors that doesn't include this in their specs, the BE6 could have had 10 pci slots but I couldn't care less since only a few can be used.

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Abit is at the top of my list....then asus....then microstar. ABIT is definately #1, not Asus.

"upgrading is no longer an option...it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1. My Asus A7V motherboard is awesome but there are some stability issues but I have been able to fix them.
I have also used a motherboard from first international computers,FIC, www.fica.com and it has been very stable.
Wait for the board revision!

James

TRENDING THREADS