The big difference

There's a lot of things that make ES III, Morrowind a better game, (and
presumably, ES IV, Oblivion when it comes out, will be even better).

But the main one for me is that you can go anywhere and do anything.
You can do quests in any order you like. With so many other games, you
have to follow a path, do one quest at a time, find a certain enemy in
certain places. So playing through the same game twice is boring -
you've done it all before!

With Morrowind, though, you can play differently every time. In fact
you have to play at least three times to do all the quest (three
different sets of house quests and three different sets of vampire
quests).

El Ramon wrote:

> There's a lot of things that make ES III, Morrowind a better game, (and
> presumably, ES IV, Oblivion when it comes out, will be even better).
>
> But the main one for me is that you can go anywhere and do anything.
> You can do quests in any order you like. With so many other games, you
> have to follow a path, do one quest at a time, find a certain enemy in
> certain places. So playing through the same game twice is boring -
> you've done it all before!
>
> With Morrowind, though, you can play differently every time. In fact
> you have to play at least three times to do all the quest (three
> different sets of house quests and three different sets of vampire
> quests).

True. Well said.

El Ramon wrote:
> There's a lot of things that make ES III, Morrowind a better game, (and
> presumably, ES IV, Oblivion when it comes out, will be even better).
>
> But the main one for me is that you can go anywhere and do anything.
> You can do quests in any order you like. With so many other games, you
> have to follow a path, do one quest at a time, find a certain enemy in
> certain places. So playing through the same game twice is boring -
> you've done it all before!
>
> With Morrowind, though, you can play differently every time. In fact
> you have to play at least three times to do all the quest (three
> different sets of house quests and three different sets of vampire
> quests).

The only part I don't like about the quests is that they are Not random
like they were in Arena and Daggerfall. In those games if you wanted an
artifact you had to find someone with a rumor of someone selling
information to that artifact. You then purchased a map to a dungeon
that included a map to the dungeon containing the artifact. Finding the
Ebony Mail for instance could take months, whereas in Morrowind you know
just the steps to take to get the artifact and none of them are time
consuming.

I've been playing the game, off and on, since it came out....and I
still haven't done all the quests. :)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:03:11 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Michael W. Ryder" <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>El Ramon wrote:
>> There's a lot of things that make ES III, Morrowind a better game, (and
>> presumably, ES IV, Oblivion when it comes out, will be even better).
>>
>> But the main one for me is that you can go anywhere and do anything.
>> You can do quests in any order you like. With so many other games, you
>> have to follow a path, do one quest at a time, find a certain enemy in
>> certain places. So playing through the same game twice is boring -
>> you've done it all before!
>>
>> With Morrowind, though, you can play differently every time. In fact
>> you have to play at least three times to do all the quest (three
>> different sets of house quests and three different sets of vampire
>> quests).
>
>The only part I don't like about the quests is that they are Not random
>like they were in Arena and Daggerfall. In those games if you wanted an
>artifact you had to find someone with a rumor of someone selling
>information to that artifact. You then purchased a map to a dungeon
>that included a map to the dungeon containing the artifact. Finding the
>Ebony Mail for instance could take months, whereas in Morrowind you know
>just the steps to take to get the artifact and none of them are time
>consuming.

Good point, it would be nice if everytime you started a new character,
that the game would at least generate non-quest locations like tombs,
mines, shrines, etc... in random locations on the map. But then again,
there are enough new location and other mods being created every day,
that none of us can really complain about what Morrowinds developers
might have left out of the game! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

sarah

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've been playing the game, off and on, since it came out....and I
> still haven't done all the quests. :)

Same here. I've never been a vampire, I've never been a werewolf, and I'm
yet to reach the top of House Hlaalu, House Redoran, the Temple, the Morag
Tong, and the East Empire company. There are also several misc quests I've
never done.

However, I wouldn't be against having some random quests thrown in with the
fixed ones so that when I do start a new character for the umpteenth time,
something will be different even if I haven't installed any new mods.

"Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message news:<41479d03$0$9782$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>...
..

> However, I wouldn't be against having some random quests thrown in with the
> fixed ones so that when I do start a new character for the umpteenth time,
> something will be different even if I haven't installed any new mods.

I've finally started adding mods that add quests--something I've
previously avoided because I crash to desktop a lot. It's refreshing
to see a bunch of strangers and not know what they are up to.

Also, there are some quests that don't necessarily trigger each
game...but there are not many of these, and they are off the main
quest threads for guild/house promotions.