The Bios does not post the total memory.

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,

I have a problem... The Bios detects that you are busy the 8 banks of memory and correctly detects the size of it, but only counts 6 that is to say a total of 48GB and not the 64GB that has installed. This problem already detected when only had 32GB distributed in 4X8GB, the BIOS detected the 4 banks occupied, but only counted me 24GB. At the time I asked my seller the change of memories, in case they were damaged, but the problem persists.... According to G. Skill These memories are compatible with the Aorus Gaming 3 x299 motherboard model. I was also testing with different versions of the BIOS but no result. Can you give me some solution?

GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 (1.0)
BIOS Ver: F8c
GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G x2 SLI
CPU: i7-7800X
Operating System: Win 10 64-bit 1803
Total memory: 64gb 8X8gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR x 4
Power Supply: 1000wat EVGA G3

Solution
hope this helps you figure out what slots you need

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/gigabyte-x299-aorus-gaming-7-motherboard/3/

You may have to run them all in one set of memory banks. I am wondering if one bank is disabled due to the cpu at this point, I am not an Intel expert by any means, others here should be able to help
hope this helps you figure out what slots you need

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/gigabyte-x299-aorus-gaming-7-motherboard/3/

You may have to run them all in one set of memory banks. I am wondering if one bank is disabled due to the cpu at this point, I am not an Intel expert by any means, others here should be able to help

Solution
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for the comments, but it has nothing to do with that if they are not complatibles between if the kits of memory, since with the first of buy of 4x8Gb and me towards this, of the 32GB only I marked 24Gb available and in the BIOS I marked of the 4 banks occupied... (And if put in the order described by gigabyte for this board...). It is evident as Peter Martin comments that it is a memory/conflict reserve problem with the CPU i7-7800x Skylake, but I have not been able to find in the Bios how to fix it. I'm also waiting for Gigabyte technical support to answer me. While I'll be waiting to see if anyone can give me the solution. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS