Question The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

TheAliGamer

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Hey guys. Got this error "the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible".
I lost power and my pc shut down, after reboot i got this message. I went into BIOS checked if my boot priorities were in check, SATA seemed fine so i came to the conclussion that my windows somehow broke. Hard drive seems fine, its detectable and still makes noise. It does say that i need to instert a windows dvd and repair, the only problem being that i currently dont have one at home. I was wondering if i can use a usb with windows on it instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAliGamer

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Hey guys. Got this error "the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible".
I lost power and my pc shut down, after reboot i got this message. I went into BIOS checked if my boot priorities were in check, SATA seemed fine so i came to the conclussion that my windows somehow broke. Hard drive seems fine, its detectable and still makes noise. It does say that i need to insert a windows dvd and repair, the only problem being that i currently dont have one at home. I was wondering if i can use a usb with windows on it instead?

Last edited by a moderator: