The CaptoGlove Motion Controller Gets A KickStarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
"Regardless of the weapon we wielded, we stalked around with our right hand in a “gun” gesture, and we pulled an imaginary trigger with our right index finger to blast zombies."

Isn't that inferior to a wand controller with an actual trigger to pull?

Yeeahh... Something like this would be great if you had a conductive prop gun to use as well (why not get both hands involved?)
Most of these peripherals are demonstrated in the wrong games. Gloves (which should see full integration at some point hopefully) would be great for something like surgeon simulator. But you know. VR Shooters right?

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
i agree with animemania - i think this is definitely better for real world applications outside of gaming. 150$ (or even 250$ retail) for a gaming glove seems excessive especially when most of the gamers who will buy this already paid 600/800 for a vive/rift.
but maybe for doctors/craftsman/designers/sign language this would be great.
im picturing a surgeon using one of the robotic surgery devices using this instead of joysticks (in my head they use joysticks... probably wrong there )

KirbyKirby

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016
Good for them, but I don't see the point of buying this for VR without positional hand tracking. Competing gloves with tracking should be on the market soon.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I'm sorry but this has to be some of the dumbest crap I have seen in a long long time. Really so you take some crap gloves they picked up at a hardware store insert wires and sensors and think they just created the holy grail I think not. It sits right up with RGB everything of stupid crap now days.Come on young people use that college funded education your parents paid for and come up with some actual inventive ideas. Hell I could makes these in my basement or garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.