[SOLVED] The CD of the monitor is missing and I want to upgrade from XP to windows 7 and then to higher version eventually ?

Jun 15, 2020
I'm planning of buying a new flickerless monitor but it will not work with th XP so shall I first buy the monitor and then to try to upgrade dont want to be left without a computer will this old monitor work with the new program

Solution
Then I would say use nothing newer than the 7th generation of NVidia cards as I believe those were the last to have analog outputs (VGA, DVI-I). Not sure when AMD discontinued analog support.

-Wolf sends
D

Deleted member 14196

I would back up all my data and verify the back up and then I would do a clean install of th OS once you buy the monitor. DO NOT BOTHER UPGRADING. it’s useless and doesn’t wotk MOST of the time. If it does work you have lots of problems and it’s not worth your time

Wolfshadw

Titan
DO NOT BOTHER UPGRADING

Unless my memory is off (which is quite possible), I don't think you CAN "upgrade". From XP, it HAS to be a clean install to (Vista/) 7 and above.

As for monitor compatibility, I don't think it cares what OS is running as long as the graphics card output (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP) matches one of it's inputs.

-Wolf sends