[SOLVED] The Clicking Sound (I don't know where it's coming from.)

Jan 7, 2021
You've probably heard this one already but I really can't pinpoint where this sound is coming from.
And the worst part is it's very inconsistent, where some days I don't hear to other days it's loud and all I can hear.

The only places I really can really assume where the sound is coming from are either the PSU or the HDD or just one of the fans, but like I said I can't pinpoint it.
But is the sound really an issue? Because the PC has been running fine for the past 2-3 weeks so I assume I could just ignore it. Right?

Why don't you give it a listen? And tell me if you think this sound is a problem? I really like to know since I just experience my first blue screen as of today.

The Sound: https://streamable.com/fm267t

For those who can't hear it, it's somewhere at the end of the video.

Solution
that's very low quality sound, even with it all the way up i just hear some garbled noises with a few pops through it.

make sure no wires are touching fan blades.
make sure PSU, drives, and motherboard are secured in place. press on each firmly and see if noise stops.
make sure all cables are firmly seated.
check if any case parts are rattling. hold front, back, sides, and any interior sections in place to see if it stops.
stop each fan individually and see if it stops.

make sure it isn't a type of static noise coming from the PSU. if it blows it can take your entire system with it.
that's very low quality sound, even with it all the way up i just hear some garbled noises with a few pops through it.

make sure PSU, drives, and motherboard are secured in place. press on each firmly and see if noise stops.
check if any case parts are rattling. hold front, back, sides, and any interior sections in place to see if it stops.

make sure it isn't a type of static noise coming from the PSU. if it blows it can take your entire system with it.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
Hey there,

It seemed to

Agree on the quality. Heard one intermittent click near the end. Not sure what it relates to. Excellent advice otherwise.

Jan 7, 2021
It will also help if you can provide the following information:
  • List of hardware.
  • Location of the microphone in relation to the cabinet during capture.

I could try.

i5-9600k
PowerSpec 650W Gold
Prime Z390-A
MSI Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
SEAGATE 2 TB HDD

I think that's what you wanted.

and the microphone was placed underneath the PC.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You've probably heard this one already but I really can't pinpoint where this sound is coming from.
And the worst part is it's very inconsistent, where some days I don't hear to other days it's loud and all I can hear.

The only places I really can really assume where the sound is coming from are either the PSU or the HDD or just one of the fans, but like I said I can't pinpoint it.
But is the sound really an issue? Because the PC has been running fine for the past 2-3 weeks so I assume I could just ignore it. Right?

Why don't you give it a listen? And tell me if you think this sound is a problem? I really like to know since I just experience my first blue screen as of today.

The Sound: https://streamable.com/fm267t

For those who can't hear it, it's somewhere at the end of the video.
Use a cardboard tube from a empty roll of paper towels, put one end to your ear and move it around in the case till you find the sound.