[SOLVED] The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
My computer was recently repaired and wiped and a new copy of Windows 10 on a new hard drive. Twice now, it has rebooted for no reason, and I havent had it back a full week yet. Today, I was playing a game (world of warcraft) when it rebooted. When I checked the reliability history error report, I saw this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x005f00540053004e). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 10b28bbd-93ae-4372-85ae-057387e47b6a.

I would include the dump file but I made this account today here to ask this question, and have no idea how to attach the dump file.

On an unrelated note (might be related?) when I start my computer, I get the message "Your firewall is turned off. Click here to turn it on" and when i check, my firewall IS on. The only non-Windows Security program i use for protection, is premium Malwarebytes. It gives me the message twice on each bootup.

Please help?

oh, specs:
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 SUPER
24g DDR3 ram
Intel i7 6700k CPU
1 TB SSD

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

What motherboard do you have? Have you got latest BIOS & chipset drivers?

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
I have the dump files. I managed to locate them easily enough. I just don't know how to upload them here for you guys to see them.

The guys at the shop who recently repaired it, told me they updated the BIOS. Also, it's a Dell XPS... yes i know, not designed for gaming... i didnt know that when i bought it, and dont have the money to buy an entirely new computer.

What site would you suggest as a way to securely upload and share files?

WickedSick

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
I have the dump files. I managed to locate them easily enough. I just don't know how to upload them here for you guys to see them.

The guys at the shop who recently repaired it, told me they updated the BIOS. Also, it's a Dell XPS... yes i know, not designed for gaming... i didnt know that when i bought it, and dont have the money to buy an entirely new computer.

What site would you suggest as a way to securely upload and share files?
Google Drive is your friend, it's secure enough and i've seen many people attaching their logs to Google Drive\Docs.

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you follow my previous post, it shows how to set up your PC to collect minidumps
Once PC crashes after that, it creates the files in C:/windows/minidump
You don't own the files in the minidump folder but if you copy them to another location, you own the copies
How to share on Google Drive - https://support.google.com/drive/answer/7166529?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
How to share on Onedrive - https://www.dummies.com/software/microsoft-office/how-to-share-files-with-others-with-onedrive/

Reactions: gardenman

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://factualsquid.htmlpasta.com/
File information:062120-7671-01.dmp (Jun 21 2020 - 05:15:49)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 53 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File information:062020-10265-01.dmp (Jun 20 2020 - 20:02:01)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 29 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Possible system page: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/xps-8910-desktop/docs
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version 1.1.11.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
i have 4 6g ram sticks, 2 of one 'brand' and 2 of another. Is there a way to get them to work together better, or should I swap them out with 4 of the same type? or 2 12g sticks of the same type?

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
Would bad ram, or different DDR3 ram 'types' account for frequent restarts, freezes and windows security telling me my firewall is off when it isn't?

What do i do?

DSzymborski

Titan
Would bad ram, or different DDR3 ram 'types' account for frequent restarts, freezes and windows security telling me my firewall is off when it isn't?

What do i do?

The freezes absolutely. The quickest way to test would be to remove one of the pairs instead of speculating.

I also think it's definitely time we get all the specs. Precisely what the RAM sticks are, what your motherboard is, what your power supply is, what exactly was repaired. There's a lot going on here and the information given has just been too fragmented to get the complete picture.

There are no 12 GB sticks of RAM. Or, as far as I can remember, 6 GB sticks, so you can't have the configuration listed anyway.

As I said, there are a lot of blanks and question marks here.

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
How do I find out? Is there a way to get this information via windows? or do i need to go into BIOS? manually taking the pieces out to write down whats on them might do more harm than good...
Obviously I'm not as computer tech literate as I thought I was...

The recent repairs a computer shop performed, was a new power supply, as I was told the old one did not meet the recommended requirements for my graphics card. They also replaced a 2tb SSD, saying there was something like a memory leak which was corrupting windows, with a 1tb SSD, then reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 10. They also said they updated the BIOS to the latest version.

DSzymborski

Titan
How do I find out? Is there a way to get this information via windows? or do i need to go into BIOS? manually taking the pieces out to write down whats on them might do more harm than good...
Obviously I'm not as computer tech literate as I thought I was...

Speccy can tell you some things. Things like the exact power supply specs you'll have to likely look at the chart directly on the power supply. You could have multiple things going on, especially since that GPU didn't come with that PC and while there are a lot of excellent PC stores, there are a lot of poor ones with incompetent technicians.

DSzymborski

Titan
Okay I downloaded and installed Speccy. I saved a text file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Um1InSKpwRj5LW9fWYEi34GjOAHDH10m/view?usp=sharing

Please help.... these restarts and other issues are driving me crazy...

And the PSU? Also, what did you have repaired?

A few of the mysteries are solved here. You have two 8 GB RAM sticks and 4 GB RAM sticks, the expected configuration of 24 GB of RAM. I'd start by removing the two 4 GB RAM sticks.

It's also DDR4 memory, not DDR3. This is important because if you had one of the early, early Skylake motherboards, it might have accepted low-voltage DDR3 memory, though people use the regular voltage and risked memory controller issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have 4 6g ram sticks, 2 of one 'brand' and 2 of another. Is there a way to get them to work together better, or should I swap them out with 4 of the same type? or 2 12g sticks of the same type?
i was about to point that out lol. Its impossible to have 6gb sticks.
SizeSpeedManufacturerPart No.
8192MB2133MHzMicron16ATF1G64AZ-2G1B1
4096MB2133MHzSK HynixHMA451U6AFR8N-TF
8192MB2133MHzMicron16ATF1G64AZ-2G1B1
4096MB2133MHzSK HynixHMA451U6AFR8N-TF

need to show more mods how to read your outputs Gardenman :)

I would update your lan drivers
Mar 31 2013L1C63x64.sysQualcomm Atheros AR8151 or AR8152 NDIS 6.30 Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver http://www.qualcomm.com/drivers/

its possible that you can install these - https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-drivers-installation-64bit/
unless you use wifi in which case, you are more up to date there.

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
Okay I installed the killer drivers. The qualcom driver link, showed a page that said there's no support, so no driver downloads. I will monitor a day or two, and if this happens again, I will remove the two 4gb sticks. Sorry I got the numbers wrong about the size of the sticks, i just assumed 24g divided by 4 sticks... yeah.

Will update soon.

Last edited:

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
So, i froze up again, so I removed the two 4g sticks. So far so good, will be observing for a while. I still keep getting weird messages that my firewall isnt on when it is.

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
It's been a couple of days and so far so good. I will consider this matter resolved with many thanks to you guys. Seems those two 4g sticks were the issue. If I have problems again, I will make a new post. Until then, I consider this matter closed. Thank you!

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
UPDATE: Well... a few minutes ago, i got this bluescreen error: Kernel Security Check Failure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bmz-uLyXB5NZ7Mu2HfBbqbR7F-nEyfTR/view?usp=sharing

This is the dump file it generated.

I tried a few common fixes I found on google, and a couple of things turned up. I was playing a game at the time of the crash, and that game had to verify and repair some game files.

Also, one of the common fix was to run CMD as admin, and run SFC /scannow... and it turned up "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. etc etc"

I wish I knew what keeps causing these problems... any help?

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/m9DZkgUS

File information:062720-9875-01.dmp (Jun 28 2020 - 01:17:32)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Wow.exe)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Edit: Dump info from below: https://pastebin.com/Tcs75nsY

File information:062920-10500-01.dmp (Jun 29 2020 - 03:55:57)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

Last edited:

Talloak

Commendable
Jun 20, 2020
any help would be appreciated... pulling the two 4g sticks stopped the restarts, but im still getting windows firewall warnings that its off and i need to turn it on (it IS on), and I keep getting freezes/crashes with BSODs....