Question The computer is stuck on the BIOS entry screen.

May 17, 2023
Hello friends,

When I shut down CSM, my computer gets stuck on the screen below and I cannot enter the BIOS or continue to Windows. Sometimes, when I don't use it for a long time, or when I turn it on after 1-2 hours, it happens like this, but the problem is fixed when I reset it.

The BIOS version was 5.30, and I updated it to 5.70 due to this problem, but the situation did not change. I also switched from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but the problem persisted. The system is installed as UEFI, and the disks are formatted as GPT. If I enable CSM, I cannot activate AMD SAM, and Secure Boot must be enabled for Valorant to work in Windows 11, but Secure Boot does not work when CSM is enabled.

System: Asrock B450M Pro4 - 5700G - XFX 6750 XT - HP V6 RAM 1.4V 4133 MHz

How can I solve this problem? Also, would constantly resetting the computer at this screen be harmful in the long run?

Pics.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Check to see if CMS has every boot device set to boot UFEI only before you disable it save and exit bios, then go back in the bios and disable CMS if you use secure boot, might help.

as for SAM make sure your settings for PCIe Gen in the bios are set to auto for some reason on my board (albeit different from yours) if i manually set the PCIe gen settings I can't enable SAM in the AMD driver software.

Well on my motherboard I have a Gen 4 PCIe CPU but only PCIe Gen 3 chipset (B350) so for the Chipset (B350) PCIe Gen 3 to talk to the CPU PCIe Gen 4 Bus and SAM to link CPU to GPU Vram the only choice I have for it to work is setting the PCIe Gen to Auto

I'm fairly sure that part of the criteria for SAM to work is with CSM disabled but not 100% sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Hello friends,

When I shut down CSM, my computer gets stuck on the screen below and I cannot enter the BIOS or continue to Windows. Sometimes, when I don't use it for a long time, or when I turn it on after 1-2 hours, it happens like this, but the problem is fixed when I reset it.

The BIOS version was 5.30, and I updated it to 5.70 due to this problem, but the situation did not change. I also switched from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but the problem persisted. The system is installed as UEFI, and the disks are formatted as GPT. If I enable CSM, I cannot activate AMD SAM, and Secure Boot must be enabled for Valorant to work in Windows 11, but Secure Boot does not work when CSM is enabled.

System: Asrock B450M Pro4 - 5700G - XFX 6750 XT - HP V6 RAM 1.4V 4133 MHz

How can I solve this problem? Also, would constantly resetting the computer at this screen be harmful in the long run?

Pics.
Sounds like a CMOS battery issue. Try replacing it and see what happens.

Hitting reset isn't hurting anything at that stage. It's probably hanging up due to corrupted CMOS due to the battery being bad.

May 17, 2023
Check to see if CMS has every boot device set to boot UFEI only before you disable it save and exit bios, then go back in the bios and disable CMS if you use secure boot, might help.

as for SAM make sure your settings for PCIe Gen in the bios are set to auto for some reason on my board (albeit different from yours) if i manually set the PCIe gen settings I can't enable SAM in the AMD driver software.

Well on my motherboard I have a Gen 4 PCIe CPU but only PCIe Gen 3 chipset (B350) so for the Chipset (B350) PCIe Gen 3 to talk to the CPU PCIe Gen 4 Bus and SAM to link CPU to GPU Vram the only choice I have for it to work is setting the PCIe Gen to Auto

I'm fairly sure that part of the criteria for SAM to work is with CSM disabled but not 100% sure.
My friend thanks for help, I don't have any problems with SAM I just mention that because I want to explain why I need CSM closed.