The Corsair One Is The Company's First Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodroses

Distinguished
Interesting, although on the pricey side.

I noticed a type-o though. The non-webstore has only a 480gb SSD; not a 960gb SSD according to the table (you mention it in the article though).

I am curious if 400watts is enough to safely power the system as the wattage seems to be cutting it close for high end components such as the 1080/ti and 7700k. Overclocking definitely won't be an option imo.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Thats what jumped out at me too. 400watts for that. Well what if you have 6 things plugged into USB ports, on top of your 1080ti, pump for water cooling, and 7700K?

I guess thats why they chose no window, since they don't have the extra power for any RGB :)

Markoxford01

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
Have to agree that 400w PSU is mighty light for a 1080 let alone a 1080ti - I would want at least a modular 650W Gold or better. Also you could build your own Corsair "Ti" for less than $2k so the markup is typically very steep.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
That PSU is shockingly light. I do like the chassis and good attempt from Corsair, but I would worry about enough power. Jumping up to a 650 wouldn't cost much at all and would "future proof" it better (as Corsair claims on its own website).

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, considering that just a 7700K + 1080 Ti can draw close to 350 W at full load (not even including other system components), 400W does seem quite light for the highest tier configuration. Even the middle two configurations would benefit from a larger PSU when you consider overclocking (which is clearly intended given the unlocked CPUs and liquid cooling).

400W for the lowest tier configuration does seem OK.

Markoxford01

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
Just checked our the website and the cooling is suspect too - the top fan draws cold air from outside, thru the radiators and out the top. The air flow across the radiators will not be even losing a lot of the efficiency of the lower 2/3s , and sucking warm air in to the chassis is not really recommended. Sorry, design over functionality on this one - Hits key marketing points - overclocking, Ti, z270 etc. but fails properly design the chassis and cooling to work effectively.

shpankey

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2017
This is always the problem w/ all of these prebuilts... they always have a fly in the ointment (or two) and of course, price.

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hope they send you a 1080ti model for testing. Really curious how it'll hold up. I agree overpriced, maybe unpowered psu but it'd bee nice to see a review.

More power to Corsair, I guess. Clever design, kind of like a mini ITX desktop built to be as complex & compact as possible lol. Na, for sure its a unique design.

Some things to consider. End users are discouraged from upgrading the One or tampering with the sys, as doing so technically voids the kinda' short 2 yr warranty, & may indeed damage the sys, due to it's build being what it is. The One uses a single Corsair maglev exhaust fan at the top as the primary means of airflow, along with the 400w PSU & GPU fans. These are what One use to help draw air through its two thin 240mm AIO fanless rads placed on the gpu & cpu sides. OCing somewhat discouraged as a result, though not officially, but considering the 400w of power & airflow... No M.2 SSD option, just Corsair's own SATA3 SSDs. RAM = 16 Gb ddr4 @ 2400mhz, a bit low for the kaby platform, considering overall price. I'll stop there.

I know. The One is made for a certain target audience, so take the above with a grain of salt, I guess. Just saying, for the aforementioned reasons, prices, & having it hyped as a somewhat gaming "enthusiast" oriented computer... I'd have hoped to expect better, is all. Still, the brushed aluminum case and the unique, compact design are impressive from an aesthetic & marketing perspective.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah...it makes no sense how much they're charging. They're saving TONS of money on parts since they make them. These other builders have to pay a good buck just in components. Corsair are getting really greedy. They could be super competitive and price these machines below other builders prices and still make huge profits but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.