The CPU Heatsink Broke?

May 23, 2018
Hi while i was uninstalling the heatsink to change its position(where the fan is).One of the heatsink aluminium foil thingy layers kinda came off.So I just pushed it back in .Can I still use it ?
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400

Solution
Yes, you can still use it. As long as the base is properly seated on the CPU IHS then you will be fine. You may want to check the cooling performance, after you boot. But unless your are running very high overclocks, it probably wont make a difference.
May 23, 2018
Yes, you can still use it. As long as the base is properly seated on the CPU IHS then you will be fine. You may want to check the cooling performance, after you boot. But unless your are running very high overclocks, it probably wont make a difference.

Is there a chance the layer wpuld come off while im using it?If yes,will it damage the caee?

If it is very loose in there I guess it could come off, but that would probably just happened if you moved it. I suppose the vibrations of the fan could rattle it, but it would have to be pretty loose. If it did fall off, I doubt it would hurt anything. It is not very heavy. It just may impact your temps.

If I were you, I would use it for now but plan on buying another. They are not that expensive.