[SOLVED] the crew2

iamsin

Reputable
Mar 10, 2016
hey all i had a gtx 1070 and a i5 8600k and had no issues with the crew 2. but i got a 9600kf and a 2070 and getting random freezings that last about 1-2 seconds in racers but no issuses in freerome. any help would be greatful thanks.

Solution
i did look and cpu temp was at 85, gpu was at 50% and ram was at30-40% ram is at ram is 16gb at 2500 i think. but what i dont get is it was ok on the old stuff but now im haveing issuses on the new hard where
Well, 85c is certainly not ideal. Within a 65c range while gaming is more preferable and possible with decent ventilation and cooling. The 9600k is rated for 100c max though, so it shouldn't be thermal throttling at 85c. As far as the GPU goes though, percentages only designate usage, you need to measure the temp on it. Always measure temp real time while gaming too, which can be done with MSI Afterburner.

Nvidia's stated safe operating temp for a 2070 is up to 89c. At that temp or beyond it will thermal throttle, which...
Have you checked temps on the CPU? The 9000 series is known to run quite a bit hotter than the 8000 series, so it could be due to thermal throttling if temps are excessive. What CPU cooler and case are you using?

Also, it goes without saying to make sure the GPU drivers are updated. You may as well need to update the MB BIOS if you're using the same one you did with the 8600 to ensure it supports the 9600 best as possible.

iamsin

Reputable
Mar 10, 2016
i did look and cpu temp was at 85, gpu was at 50% and ram was at30-40% ram is at ram is 16gb at 2500 i think. but what i dont get is it was ok on the old stuff but now im haveing issuses on the new hard where

Well, 85c is certainly not ideal. Within a 65c range while gaming is more preferable and possible with decent ventilation and cooling. The 9600k is rated for 100c max though, so it shouldn't be thermal throttling at 85c. As far as the GPU goes though, percentages only designate usage, you need to measure the temp on it. Always measure temp real time while gaming too, which can be done with MSI Afterburner.

Nvidia's stated safe operating temp for a 2070 is up to 89c. At that temp or beyond it will thermal throttle, which can affect performance.

Solution