[SOLVED] "The device was not found" spam

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
Hello!

Last week I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The day after I started using Windows 11, I ran into a very annoying error.

Gif here of the issue
Another example

As you can see in the gif above, I get an "Error. The device was not found" pop-up. When I get this, I always have to click it away multiple times before it stops, which really annoys me if this happens at the wrong moment. In this gif, you can see that Discord will pop-up in the task bar when this error appears, but the application seems to be random, as I had the exact same happen before, but then with Google Chrome popping up like that.
I really have no idea where to look for a solution to make this stop. I already Googled multiple times, even waiting a few days to see if other people would have the same in Windows 11. I am hoping anyone has a solution or an idea to figure out what's causing this.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Hope to hear idea's from anyone.

Solution
Disable all startup items and see if the errors continue. If they do, boot into safe mode and see if the errors continue.
This sounds like a driver/software was installed that may not be Windows 11 compatible yet.

Also, check Device Manager to see if all your hardware has the proper drivers.
Disable all startup items and see if the errors continue. If they do, boot into safe mode and see if the errors continue.
This sounds like a driver/software was installed that may not be Windows 11 compatible yet.

Also, check Device Manager to see if all your hardware has the proper drivers.

Solution