Question The disc in the drive is not empty, but it is

Mar 31, 2014
I am using SoThink to copy some videos from my hard drive and burn to a DVD. I am using Windows 10, SoThink Movie DVD Maker (have used it before and it worked). I create the design etc and click "Burn" and I get a error box saying " The disc in the drive is not empty . Please insert a blank disc in the drive and try again". I know this DVD-R is empty. New box of them!

What I have done so far:
  1. I first formatted the disk then put it in the D: drive. I also scanned it with WebRoot.. just in case. The disk holds 4+gb and the videos I have are 1GB each. I have tried with 4, I have tried with 3 to accomodate space. Either way, I get this error message
  2. I have gone to Device Manager and verified that the D: drive is current and up to date etc.

Why is it telling me the disk is not empty? Why won't it burn the videos?

Mar 31, 2014
what do you mean format the disk? did you try without formatting the disk?
I was told to always "format" a disk before using it. So I right click on the drive the disk is in and then click on "format". I know it erases everytning on it but thought it then formats it with general "instructions" for the information to be burned to it. Is that not right? I will try to use one without formating first and see if that works. but still... I erase and format and it says the disk is full

TRENDING THREADS