Question 'The display settings could not be saved' when trying to setup 2 displays.

jedijasper2004

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018
Hey all! I have one 1440p and one 1080p monitor that I've been using together for a while without issue. On the 1440p one I have it plugged into a DVI port on my graphics card (GTX 1070) and used an adapter to plug it into HDMI into the monitor - that's working fine. My other (secondary) one I was using with a DisplayPort cable to my graphics card and that was working fine until now. It appears to be detected but in the wrong resolution and 'Show only 2' is the only option I select. When I try anything else it gives an unhelpful error of 'The display settings could not be saved' (see photo)

unknown.png

I've tried plugging the cable into a different port on my graphics card, that didn't work. I tried just using that monitor, nothing came up and I restarted my PC and nothing. It is weird as it isn't being properly detected as the resolution is obviously wrong and it's locked (see photo)

unknown.png

If anyone has any advice/tips on where to go from here that would be great, thanks!