AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
bad news for AMD's future, looks like they've sold too many of their chips too cheap.

pretty dumb.

<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/18155.html" target="_new">AMD no thanks!</A>

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

G

oh my ...

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

G

Wait and see what happens

They had a hard time before and pulled thru

wait and see

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

Even so..

If they did leave

I would rather have a MAC then Intel Inside =Þ

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Wait...

I'm Sure AMDMeltDown will fart something else out to entertain us. This is far below his usual standard.

<i><b><font color=red>"How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?"</font color=red></b></i>

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello AMD Meltdown,

It is nice to see you posting crap again.

I am not going to take the time to search for negative INTC articles but I think we both know there is an abundance of them. For proof of that I will just list this little fact:

3 month return (short term to show recent articles)
INTC -24%
AMD 24%

Hey they are opposite of each other. Eat that. I don't want to list the huge amount of articles that made INTC go down this much while AMD went up 24%. I think you get the point.

ROFL@U

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Amazing!

You criticize AMD for not having thermal protection. Over and over and over again. We know.

You praise the P4 for being slower then the Athlon. Yes, a 1.5Ghz P4 is about 10FPS faster then a 1.2Ghz Athlon, and twice the price. At the same clock speed, the P4 loses its gaming advantage to the Athlon. Yet you sing its praise.

Now you damn AMD for selling its product at an affordable price! How dare they sell their product for less then Intel! Boycott AMD for being affordable!

Give it up. The P4 is a dog, and will be abandoned by Intel, and will have the shortest life of any Intel processor.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

Sojourn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This has nothing to do with AMD's CPU performance or prices. It has to do with the value of the stock. And before you make any snide remarks about that, take a peek at your precious Intel's performance. At the rate they're going their stock will be worth less per share than AMDs within a few weeks.

/Athlon-1.2GHz@1370MHz(137MHz*10)/Asus_A7V133/

G

who cares, so they sold us a ton of good chips at really low prices... who's complaining? we get good products at cheap prices.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nice to see how AMD is still being associated with "low cost PC's". It's hard to loose that stigma after being in that business for 20 years. It goes to show that no matter how high the performance is, they still have a long way to go in order to gain any respect in the business PC market.

Suicide is painless...........