Question The DRAM and CPU light keeps turning on when i turn my computer on, then after 30 seconds it shuts of. Anyone know how to fix it?

Jul 26, 2024
I got a custom built computer from a family friend after they passed a year ago, recently it the DRAM and the CPU light turn on when i turn the computer on and it shuts of after 30 seconds. I have tried clearing cmos. And i have replaced both the mother board and cpu yet it still isn't working.

My mother board is a x570 phantom gaming 4, wifi

Cpu is a amd ryzen 7 5700g with radeon graphics built in, i do not have a gpu

I got a custom built computer from a family friend after they passed a year ago, recently it the DRAM and the CPU light turn on when i turn the computer on and it shuts of after 30 seconds. I have tried clearing cmos. And i have replaced both the mother board and cpu yet it still isn't working.

My mother board is a x570 phantom gaming 4, wifi

Cpu is a amd ryzen 7 5700g with radeon graphics built in, i do not have a gpu

Try removing 1 ram stick leave one in slot 2 of the motherboard second from CPU cooler if it posts enter the bios and update the bios. It's bios might not have been updated

Jul 26, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you verified your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version before dropping the APU onto the build? If not the latest BIOS version, you'd need at least BIOS version P3.90 per the CPU's support list for the board. Speaking of APU and boards, what slots are the rams populating on the board?
The ram is in A1 and B1 the first and third slots, i am new to building and fixing computers, i didnt even think about the bios. Thanks!

Jul 26, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you verified your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version before dropping the APU onto the build? If not the latest BIOS version, you'd need at least BIOS version P3.90 per the CPU's support list for the board. Speaking of APU and boards, what slots are the rams populating on the board?
I am very sorry for bothering you again, but the board is compatible with my apu, and there is no mention of needing to update bios. I cannot even get it to boot. And my motherboard does not even have a flashback port.