The Drow weaponsmith and The Cult Temple Dragon altar

Hello All,

This stuff could be spoiler-like so don't look unless you think you can
help, or don't care.

I have been looking for the scripting for both the weaponsmith, and the
Altar that uses the Black Pearls to further enchant existing weapons. I
found the reference to the Drow's conversation but couldn't find the lines
haveing to do with the enchantment of weapons. I would like to include this
type of "service" as a way to have relatively unlimited types of magic
armament in my module (which will hopefully one day become a persistant
world). Any help at all would be appreciated because right now I'm lost.

TIA,
Shenzai

I know where the weaponsmith is in the Drow refugee city. But what are
the black pearls you're talking about? Is this in HotU?

"Proj_Eng" <richardm@orthoorganizers.com> wrote in message
>I know where the weaponsmith is in the Drow refugee city. But what are
> the black pearls you're talking about? Is this in HotU?

On the second floor of the temple there is an altar that adds a strength
drain if you have black pearls in your inventory. (the pearls come from
another area of that floor)

Shenzai wrote:
> I have been looking for the scripting for both the weaponsmith, and the
> Altar that uses the Black Pearls to further enchant existing weapons. I
> found the reference to the Drow's conversation but couldn't find the lines
> haveing to do with the enchantment of weapons. I would like to include this
> type of "service" as a way to have relatively unlimited types of magic
> armament in my module (which will hopefully one day become a persistant
> world). Any help at all would be appreciated because right now I'm lost.

The actual script that handles all the functions is

x2_inc_ws_smith

The scripts that use this include all start with

x2_con_ws_ (conditional checks for dialogue)

or

x2_act_ws_ (action scripts for dialogue)

These are standard game resources, not tied to a particular module, and
can be taked directly out of the appropriate .bif file using NWN
Explorer. There are at least two scripts on NWVault that modify these
scripts. One, written by me, is at:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1074896441509.shtml
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

"Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
> Shenzai wrote:
>> I have been looking for the scripting for both the weaponsmith, and the
>> Altar that uses the Black Pearls to further enchant existing weapons. I
>> found the reference to the Drow's conversation but couldn't find the
>> lines haveing to do with the enchantment of weapons. I would like to
>> include this type of "service" as a way to have relatively unlimited
>> types of magic armament in my module (which will hopefully one day become
>> a persistant world). Any help at all would be appreciated because right
>> now I'm lost.
>

> The actual script that handles all the functions is
>
> x2_inc_ws_smith
>
> The scripts that use this include all start with
>
> x2_con_ws_ (conditional checks for dialogue)
>
> or
>
> x2_act_ws_ (action scripts for dialogue)
>
> These are standard game resources, not tied to a particular module, and
> can be taked directly out of the appropriate .bif file using NWN Explorer.
> There are at least two scripts on NWVault that modify these scripts. One,
> written by me, is at:
>
> http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1074896441509.shtml
> --
> Barry Scott Will
> Pyric RPG Publications
> http://www.pyric.com/

I can not find the resources that you mentioned. When I open a copy of the
mod in
Aurora, the scripts you mention are not listed. Is there another way to
access the script?

Shenzai

So you know which temple - the one with that bloody psychopathic dragonlich,
not the one in the rebel camp.

Best wishes
Maxon

Shenzai wrote:
> I can not find the resources that you mentioned. When I open a copy of the
> mod in
> Aurora, the scripts you mention are not listed. Is there another way to
> access the script?

Open any module in the toolset. Open the script editor. Choose Open
Script, select the All Resources radio button, and you should find them
listed. As I said, they're standard scripts located in a Bioware data
file (.bif file), not in any module specifically. You can also use
NWNExplorer to extract the files directly from the .bif file.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications