Question The fans on my graphics card don't work ?

angelware91

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
The fans on my EVGA Nvidia 1660 Super do not want to spin, I have disassembled and tested separately and if they work, it is a problem on the motherboard. I already tried with MSI Afterburner software to adjust the speed and they still do not spin.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming the GPU's warranty is expired at this point? If not, then you voided your warranty when you took the cooler off the GPU, or so that's what I'm assuming is what you did since your image looks like a screengrab from Gamer's Nexus video. You could look into an aftermarket replacement cooler and see if that helps.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

angelware91

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
I'm assuming the GPU's warranty is expired at this point? If not, then you voided your warranty when you took the cooler off the GPU, or so that's what I'm assuming is what you did since your image looks like a screengrab from Gamer's Nexus video. You could look into an aftermarket replacement cooler and see if that helps.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?
If the warranty has expired, just put that reference image.
I already tested the fans separately and if they work, it is a problem on the board

In another connector if they work, but in the board not
OK i understand now lose the "if", it is referred to an uncertainty, something is not tested and WILL BE tested. You have the option to conect them to the motherboard (main motherboard the one with the CPU) and use software to set them on a fix RPM lower of increase the rpm according to what you do (in gaming you manually increase to 80% or 100% when you watch a movie you set them to 20% or 30%). Anythign else you need to go with the videocard to a repair shop, something electronic is faulty.

angelware91

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
OK i understand now lose the "if", it is referred to an uncertainty, something is not tested and WILL BE tested. You have the option to conect them to the motherboard (main motherboard the one with the CPU) and use software to set them on a fix RPM lower of increase the rpm according to what you do (in gaming you manually increase to 80% or 100% when you watch a movie you set them to 20% or 30%). Anythign else you need to go with the videocard to a repair shop, something electronic is faulty.
Only spin in motherboard or another conector

In graphics card NO. Sorry for the bad English