The First Nvidia Big Format Gaming Displays Are Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see new names in the large format displays. hopefully this means good things but with nV backing them...I dunno how that'll work out, could be good, could be their last foray into LFD.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
All I want is a decent 31" or 32" *true* 4K IPS monitor that can do better then 60Hz...I'd even be happy with 75Hz...by simple virtue of using the very latest DisplayPort or HDMI specifications.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Too bad the gaming consoles use FreeSync instead of G-Sync. The display is a little large for most PC Gamers unless you are using Nvidia GameStream to play.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Not to be mean, but i would love if they had a 78 curved display with all those features. Currently have a 65. And maybe just a little higher refresh rate. Still waiting on ASUS to release there 35 inch curved HDR monitor. Technology for me doesnt move fast enough.

mantheycp

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Been waiting fifteen yrs for this. Wallpaper displays, BFGDs, and dependable wireless peripherals together. Optimal immersion. Need some creative desktop solutions for keyboard/mouse though.

hannibal

Distinguished
And not too expensive. Seems to be 5000$ according the Linus, so much cheaper than people were expecting.
It would be nice to have both g-sync and Freesync in the same Display, but that seems to be impossible because of commersial reasons. If you want to get both, you have to buy two monitors.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks the stand for the Acer looks like Minecraft robot feet?
While I'm sure the screen is nice, it looks like an ugly rushed design to make the show.

Nice to see HUGE displays.... but...

Still waiting to see better than 60Hz 4K though...
Still waiting to not pay a premium for G-Sync...
Wouldn't mind a universal monitor: one that can do both G-Sync, Free-Sync, AND free-sync2

mrjhh

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
Wonder how long it took to come up with Format in BFGD. I'm sure the first version of that acronym had something else as F, until the marketing people took over.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

I think curved displays work best when there is one viewer sitting at the correct position. Larger displays tend to be for multiple viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.