drmescaline

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Can someone please tell me if this card is good for the next setup:
i7 3770
GTX 680
16GB RAM 1600mhz
WD RED NAS 1TB

I originally planned on the GA-Z77-D3H, or even the GA-Z77X-D3H, that is in fact a bit higher in price...
I will be SLI'ng the GTX 680 in the far future (three years maybe...)
What is a better mobo for this setup, and overall, which of the following is better and in what way:

GA-Z77-D3H
GA-Z77MX-D3H
GA-Z77X-D3H
MSI Z77A-G45
MSI Z77A-G55

Or if you got a better one to offer, that'll be great, the bugdet is up to 170 $

Solution
GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

This must be the board that your Father ordered and it's going to be ok , you have two slots that you can put video cards into for SLI/Crossfire if you ever decided to do that and everything else is the same.
ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $169.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131848

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $149.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

GIGABYTE G1.Sniper M3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $169.99 and a $20 rebate making the final price $149.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128551

Of the three boards listed here I would go with the Gigabyte G1 Sniper board first as it has the most features and it has the Creative Labs Sound chip right on the motherboard for THX and DTS builtin sound , also including builtin amplifiers. Basicly the board is loaded with features and has the Gigabyte Ultra Durable PCB.

The next choice would be the Asus board that has many features unique to Asus like the Fan Expert softwre and bios overclocking features that make it easily overclocked even if your not that experienced.

The second Gigabyte board is different from the ones you listed as it's the UD3H which means it's the Ultra Durable construction for a more robust and solid boards. There is a big difference between the Asus and Gigabyte boards and the rest of the motherboard makers in that thier boards are solid and if you happen to have the opportunity to hold a Gigabyte and a MSI you would feel the difference right away, the Gigabyte being much heavier and the MSI seeminly flimsy when side by side , the MSI board bending way too easy (very thin).

The choice is yours and you can look at these boards and decide for yourself which you would like to have.

drmescaline

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Wow... That's really nice. But the shop I'm getting the parts from doesn't have these motherboards... What a shame.

My real question is, the mATX is somewhat better then the GA-Z77-D3H?
Or the normat ATX mobo is better, just, there was a misunderstanding in the shop, and my father ordered the mATX, and I need to know if to change the order to something else...

If your refering to a micro-atx then the difference is the number of slots on the boards. If you notice the m-atx will have 3 or 4 slots and the regular atx will have 5 or 6 and what the fewer number of slots does is make the MB shorter in length so it will fit into a smaller case, all the other features are the same and you'll have the same sata ports and usb ports and sound ports . You'll just have a shorter board and if your just putting in one video card it won't make any difference.

GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

This must be the board that your Father ordered and it's going to be ok , you have two slots that you can put video cards into for SLI/Crossfire if you ever decided to do that and everything else is the same.

Solution

drmescaline

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Thank you very much.
I got the idea... But then again, after my pop's saw me asking qustions about this board, because I have the R4 whic is a big case... So he called them and ordered the long version... He kinda want me to be VERY happy with this new PC
dO.O"b

Though, I will get the mirco board for my old PC, thank you again :D