Question The graphics card wont display, but computer works fine with Integrated Graphics

Jul 15, 2019
Whenever I have my graphics card in the computer and set it as the primary display or whatever, I cannnot get picture to my monitor.
However, when I remove my graphics card or run the computer with the integrated graphics, everything works completely fine, I get a display, and everything works properly.
I don't know what the issue is here, because I'm pretty sure my graphics cards are working (I tried my 1070 and my 970 and both were working completely fine earlier) and that my motherboard's PCIE slot is working (it detected the graphics card and showed it in the device manager as working).
If anyone has any suggestions, it would be really appreciated if you would tell me some. I'm honestly so tired from trying to get picture from my graphics cards literally all day, so I'm sorry if this post is not written well or with a good tone. I'm just really frustrated and want this to work already.
Also, this only started to happen when I was undervolting my 1070 and pushed it a little too hard. I already deleted MSI Afterburner and have gotten rid of the profile (I think).
Thanks for reading my post :)

Update: Now everything works for no reason. I used the pc with integrated for a week, decided to try it again and it worked. However, when I launched with IGPU today and I changed some BIOS settings and it repaired my HDD. That might've been the solution. The settings I changed were that I put IGPU multi display on , USB devices to full activation when booting, and changed the post delay to 5 seconds. They all seem completely irrelevant though. It was probably the scanning and repairing my disk. Thanks to all who read and replied to my thread! :D

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019
Let's start with complete specs of your PC.

By what cable and port are you connecting your PC to your monitor when trying to use a GPU?
I have a prebuilt asus g11cd with i5 6400 and gtx 970.
I added 8gb memory for total of 16 and switched out the psu.
so specs should be

CPU: i5 6400
RAM: 16 gb ram (2133 SK Hynix)
STORAGE: 1tb toshiba Hard drive
MOBO: asus h110 motherboard
PSU: Enermax Revolution X't II 550w 80+ gold Semi modular
Graphics cards: right now I am using integrated, but I have the 970 that came with the pc and a EVGA 1070 ftw (temporarily using in this pc but its for another one)

I usually use Display Port with GPU but I have tried HDMI as well. I plugged in both to monitor from GPU and switched inputs on monitor but no picture using either port. Right now I am using HDMI with my Integrated Graphics