The Guru Challenge

G

If you can fix this your a guru and i love you.
I had my NIC installed and then uninstalled it, installed my modem and now i want to install my NIC again and im getting a system device resource conflict or some simmilar error while its booting. When i boot to safemode i can change the irq settings. The IRQ options that this network card supports are 3,5,9,10,11,12,15. All of them are in use except 9 and 10. So i go in and change my modem to 9 and nic to 10 and it doesnt work so i try it the other way and it still wont work. i tried putting the nic in a different ISA slot and it still doesnt work :(

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a IRQ problem because Matrox MGA powerdesk and NIC had a IRQ of 11 at the same time before and my modem wouldnt work, even though it was using either 9 or 10 at the time. And at one time my NIC was at 3 and so was my TV card and my modem again the modem wouldnt work even though it was using 9 or 10.

My modem is using 9 right now and works fine as long as my NIC isn't in here. I manually set the modem at 9 but had to check the "use automatic settings" for it to work again. Any help would be appriciated, i've rebooted windows atleast 30 times now :)

Specs: (everythings pci except the NIC)
D-Link DE-220PCT ISA Ethernet NIC
US Robotics 56k internal fax modem
P233
32mb ram
4mb voodoo1
Happauge TV Card.

<B>K</B>instonian

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you try setting up your modem and then putting the network card in a different slot thatn the one you first tried? Or setting PNP OS to no in BIOS so that bios can fix the settings?

Suicide is painless...........

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
i hate to tell you but your device controller is all messed up. you best bet is to format your drive.

If you can't beat 'em kill 'em
athlon "SLOTA" thunderbird 700@1050mhz