Question The HDMI port on the motherboard doesn't work

Jan 29, 2020
I bought a CLX-SET Gaming Desktop (AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 16GB /NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 - 960GB SSD) and from the 2 HDMI ports, only the one that's on the graphics card works. If I plug the monitor in the other one on the motherboard, that doesn't work. I need an HDMI for the VR headset and ideally one for the monitor. I can switch back and forth but wondering if there's something else I could do. Thanks for the leads.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Because the HDMI port on the motherboard is only active when you are using internal graphics of your CPU. And to use it you should not have an external graphic card, and your CPU should be capable. For your case you already have an external GPU, and even if you do not have it, your CPU is not capable (unless it has a g letter after 3600)

Probably your card has a one or two display ports, buy a converter and use it to use two HDMI connectors at the same time.

Jan 29, 2020
And it will not work.
Video outputs on motherboard are available only, if cpu installed has integrated graphics. R5 3600 doesn't have it.

CPUs with integrated are R5 3400G/GE, R5 2400G/GE, R3 3200G/GE, R3 2200G/GE.
Thank you for your response.

So if I plug in the VR headset with the HDMI and the monitor with a display port, both on the graphics card, is that going to work?