[SOLVED] The highest end CPU in the lowest end motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

contagioussheep17

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
I'm asking if anyone has any experience with the gigabyte z370p d3 or similary low end motherboards, and how well it would go trying to run a 9900k in it. Would the VRMs (the few that there are) throttle even at stock speed?

Solution
I'm asking if anyone has any experience with the gigabyte z370p d3 or similary low end motherboards, and how well it would go trying to run a 9900k in it. Would the VRMs (the few that there are) throttle even at stock speed?
Stock speed for the 9900k would be at 95w with short boosts to 119w ,I doubt there is any motherboard that can't handle that.
But you have to make sure and search through the bios to see if the intel standards are actually followed or not because a lot of motherboards "overclock" your CPU by giving it more power than normal.
Stock speed and with it stock performance are guaranteed just don't confuse them with the "stock" performance you see in many benchmarks since they often don't check the bios and run the...
Stock speed for the 9900k would be at 95w with short boosts to 119w ,I doubt there is any motherboard that can't handle that.
But you have to make sure and search through the bios to see if the intel standards are actually followed or not because a lot of motherboards "overclock" your CPU by giving it more power than normal.
Stock speed and with it stock performance are guaranteed just don't confuse them with the "stock" performance you see in many benchmarks since they often don't check the bios and run the CPU at way more power/clocks than is stock.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS