The Hottest Apps of 2011, Week 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_manic

Administrator
Hey guys, Rico here. I understand that not all of the apps featured are to your liking. Only Hornil StylePix (which I listed a couple of weeks ago) has stood out for me.

But that's why we'd like to hear from you. What apps can't you live without? It's clear that the Tom's Guide community likes downloading Windows software, but any platform is welcome.

And damianrobertjones, I'm pretty sure you know that "apps" is short for "applications". I mean, people have been talking about "killer apps" even before mobile software became the "in" thing, right? :)

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Here's a cool app for Windows that could've made that list:

Rainmeter

You can literally change the way you relate to information on your desktop. Through Rainmeter and some customization, you can have dozens of "apps" on your desktop, from weather and news feeds, to system monitors, file browsers and media players. It also looks very cool! Everyone that sees my desktop immediately asks "Wow! What OS are you running?!?" cause it just looks like a futuristic halfbreed of Linux meets windows meets OSX meets 2035 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.