Question The Ideal SSD and setup ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IDProG

Distinguished
Wow, these comments have been hostile and personal.

I can't believe people can be this butthurt because other people doubt that the Samsung SSD is worth the premium.

Using stainless steel instead of a diamond as a material for your spoon to eat is not "cheaping out". Well, in a pure technical sense, it is, but you get my point.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Wow, these comments have been hostile and personal.

I can't believe people can be this butthurt because other people doubt that the Samsung SSD is worth the premium.

Using stainless steel instead of a diamond as a material for your spoon to eat is not "cheaping out". Well, in a pure technical sense, it is, but you get my point.

Nobody here is butthurt. I can't be butthurt about something I don't care about... i.e. what you do with your computer. I see people going cheap mode every day. They buy the most expensive processor and pair it with some generic cooler to save some money and then wonder why it's overheating. Same with power supplies... going with the bare minimum and then wonder why they have issues.

If you think Samsung is cheap... good for you. It's your data. Buy that other drive that has a higher TBW that you will never reach over the life of the drive unless you are one of those rare users that writes and rewrites hundreds of gigabytes per day.

I barely had 8TB written over 3 years on my SSDs... so do I care about the TBW on SSDs? Not at all. If you are a power user... get the other drive to meet your needs. Most people park data on a SSD and leave it there so they never get close to the TBW.

People like you are all over the internet... hiding behind keyboards with snarky comments like

This comment sounds really emotional and personal.

meant to get a rise out of people so I'll respond accordingly.

This being said... now I will bow out of this thread because there really is nothing else to see here.

Cheers. (y)