Question The iGPU works but I can't get the GTX 1070 to work ?

IDProG

Distinguished
I have a Ryzen 7600X with its iGPU. I also have an old GTX 1070.

It seems like the ports on the graphics card aren't working. The Windows screen only shows up when I hook the HDMI cable to the motherboard's HDMI port.

When I went to Windows and checked the Device Manager, the manager failed to notice the graphics card at first, but after a while, Nvidia Control Panel was installed and the 1070 was detected.

However, the graphics card's ports are still not working.

Is there any fix for this? Or if there isn't, can you switch the display adapter to GTX 1070 if the HDMI cable is connected to the MB's port?

I THINK (CMIIW) you can switch to iGPU from dedicated GPU if the HDMI is connected to the graphics card's port.

Thank you in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you reinstall the OS or is it recycled from an older build, assuming you performed an upgrade of sorts...?

As for you GPU, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia' support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard?

IDProG

Distinguished
Did you reinstall the OS or is it recycled from an older build, assuming you performed an upgrade of sorts...?

As for you GPU, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia' support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard?
I did reinstall the OS. This is a new PC.

Do I really need to remove all GPU drivers from a new PC?
I did install the Game Ready Driver of the 1070 (without doing the DDU thing and not as an admin). It didn't work. I'll try it again.

You asked the PSU question too, like a lot of people, even though the topic is irrelevant. Don't worry, since the PC is new, the PSU is new, as well. Seasonic Focus Gold.

ASRock B650E PG ITX.
Does the BIOS version matter? The board was released way later after the 1070, after all. What, do they require a BIOS update so you can connect your display to a dedicated GPU, something I could do out of the box with the cheapo AB350M-HDV?

Anyway, never mind. I'll try updating the BIOS, as well. Thank you for the suggestions.