Question The intake fan on the front of my PC will spin for a few seconds on start up then come to a stop.

Jan 2, 2020
I just built a new PC for Christmas and everything works beautifully except for the front case fan. I have a MSI B450M Gaming Plus Motherboard and a Rosewill 120mm fan in the front. Everything else runs as expected in the computer including the rear fan that came installed in the case. The only issue is the front fan that runs for a few seconds on start up and then comes to a stop. I have even tested different fans plugged into the same pins on the motherboard and each does the same thing. What could be wrong here?

Dec 31, 2019
I just built a new PC for Christmas and everything works beautifully except for the front case fan. I have a MSI B450M Gaming Plus Motherboard and a Rosewill 120mm fan in the front. Everything else runs as expected in the computer including the rear fan that came installed in the case. The only issue is the front fan that runs for a few seconds on start up and then comes to a stop. I have even tested different fans plugged into the same pins on the motherboard and each does the same thing. What could be wrong here?
Have you tried the fan in a different connection on the motherboard? Could be a fault with your motherboard if you have a multimeter check the voltages going to the connection see if there is a drop

Reactions: Josh31313
Jan 2, 2020
Have you tried the fan in a different connection on the motherboard? Could be a fault with your motherboard if you have a multimeter check the voltages going to the connection see if there is a drop
I actually just fixed the issue! All I had to do was update the BIOS and it fixed the issue. Thank you for the reply.