The iPad is Coming to Walmart This Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Will Wal-Mart be offering a discount? I remember with the iPhone they offered it for like 3 dollars less than retail, you know, to give them an edge.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
It's because in the future they want the Wal-Mart door greeters to have an iPad on them to make them look cool and techy and subsequently increase the sales of iPads.

Just imagine :

-person enters wal-mart
-door greeter says script "Welcome to Wal-mart. May I freaking help you?" which has now been updated to "Welcome to Wal-mart. May I freaking show you this wonderful angry F$#@$$# bird application?"
-door greeter's crack-like addiction to angry bird on ipad kicks in as he demonstrates the ipad upon entering patrons and forgets to do his job
-person that previously entered either becomes zombified by the ipaddedness or becomes smart and either walks away or pull a quick u-turn and gets the heck outta there

Apple can't possibly lose with this idea now can they?

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]It's because in the future they want the Wal-Mart door greeters to have an iPad on them to make them look cool and techy and subsequently increase the sales of iPads.Just imagine : -person enters wal-mart-door greeter says script "Welcome to Wal-mart. May I freaking help you?" which has now been updated to "Welcome to Wal-mart. May I freaking show you this wonderful angry F$#@$$# bird application?"-door greeter's crack-like addiction to angry bird on ipad kicks in as he demonstrates the ipad upon entering patrons and forgets to do his job-person that previously entered either becomes zombified by the ipaddedness or becomes smart and either walks away or pull a quick u-turn and gets the heck outta thereApple can't possibly lose with this idea now can they?[/citation]

Man you've really been thinking about this a lot.

mimijoe24

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Wal-Mart getting an iPad would be great for all the users who are looking forward to it.
Will Wal-Mart be offering a discount? I'm waiting for that.
If so, I'll get an ipad from Wal-Mart. That means I can enjoy my favourite movies and videos on iPad on the go, even sometime maybe need in the help of iFunia iPad Video Converter, u know to steaming videos are too slow!

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Our local Target had every new model of Ipad on the first day they sold them at Target. Didn't sell a single one. I doubt they'll be many Ipad "stampedes" this Black Friday, unless they do the "buy this item get a $50+ giftcard," which is probably likely. But otherwise, they aren't exactly hard to find, are they? Best Buy scored a major victory when they were first retailer to get it, and sold a ton of them while it was still a hot item.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
We had enought Foxconn worker killing themselves over low saleries/working conditions rather than fixing it so now we can offer it at discounted prices. Enjoy the deaths for the green!

- Steve

mwilliam12

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]kelemvor4[/nom]How does this qualify as tech news?[/citation]
How does it not?

The Mactards are finally stepping down to the level of Wintards

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Nothing America needs more .

Apple chooses the epicenter for the poor and uneducated to sell an overpriced high tech gadget that cant afford it and dont need it.

"Buy now, pay never" its the American way.

mwilliam12

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]We had enought Foxconn worker killing themselves over low saleries/working conditions rather than fixing it so now we can offer it at discounted prices. Enjoy the deaths for the green!- Steve[/citation]
and - Dell
and - HP
and - Nokia
and countless others.

mwilliam12

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Nothing America needs more .Apple chooses the epicenter for the poor and uneducated to sell an overpriced high tech gadget that cant afford it and dont need it. "Buy now, pay never" its the American way.[/citation]

So, you're suggesting that Apple, as a business, should not try and put their product in one of the world's largest retail outlets? You have fantastic business sense. Like every business, they're out there to turn profits. If they were into the morality business they'd be out there arm in arm with Greenpeace getting their boats smashed and boarding whaling ships.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I also question the meaning of this article. iPad going to one more retailer is not worthy of news.[/citation]
It's not one more retailer, it's Wal-Mart. It DOES make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.